Founded in the early 1980s, Metallica has become one of the most enduring names in heavy metal. The band has released a total of nine studio albums, including a record-breaking five consecutive No. 1 debuts on the Billboard 200. Metallica achieved this record in 2008 upon the release of “Death Magnetic,” which was RIAA-certified Platinum about a month after it hit store shelves. Overall, Metallica is within the ranks of the top 20 bestselling artists of all time.
Metallica has a dedicated fan base when it comes to live performances and sells out concerts around the world. The band’s 2008-2009 tour was so successful in North America that a second full-length leg was added for late 2009. In Europe, the band sold out all its headlining dates for spring and summer 2009.
- Industry Testimony Against Connecticut Ticket Protections Riddled With Inconsistencies
- “Marvin’s Room” with Lili Taylor and Janeane Garofalo Opens on Broadway
- Ontario AG Naqvi Floats New Rules to Battle Scalping, Bots
- Market Heat Report: Garth Brooks Set to Open Atlanta With a Bang
- Tickets On Sale: Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
we respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously