- Brand New announce fall 2013 headlining tour dates
- Drake's expanded OVO Fest will feature Frank Ocean and James Blake
- Peter Frampton to Embark on Guitar Circus Tour with B.B. King, Robert Cray, Kenny Wayne Sheperd and More
- Riot Fest Unveils Two New Cities; Partners With Absolutevoices for VIP Contest
- Guest Commentary: Do Profits Drive the Secondary Market?
- Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals Announce "Technicians of Distortion" North American Tour
- Coachella 2014 Dates Announced
- Backstreet Boys Announce End of Summer 2013 North American Tour Dates
- Introducing The ‘Interlocken Music Festival’
- ScoreBig.com Becomes the Exclusive Marketing Partner for Live Event Ticketing for United MileagePlus®
Vans Warped Tour teams up with Eventbrite
PRESS RELEASE: "The Vans Warped Tour Takes a Tech-Focused Approach to Ticketing With Eventbrite"
San Francisco, Calif. (Eventbrite) July 26, 2011 – For the July 3rd performance at the Ventura County Fairgrounds, the Vans Warped Tour teamed up with Eventbrite to sell tickets and generate buzz for the show. Though it is the longest-running touring music festival, organizers were impressed by the results of using a ticketing platform that offers low fees and an easy purchasing experience. The Ventura show sold over 60% more pre-sale tickets online than last year.
Eventbrite's social sharing integration helped Warped Tour fans get their friends excited about the show, even if they had never been to the festival before. 81% of the tickets sold through Eventbrite-generated links were sold to first-time attendees. Warped Tour creator Kevin Lyman explains, "Partnering with Eventbrite improved our experience before, during, and after the concert. Our sales were up; check-in with Eventbrite's on-site operations team kept the crowd moving through the gates quickly; and the data that Eventbrite was able to provide offered far more insight into our attendees than any ticketing platform we've used before."
Promoters, concert venues, and musicians, themselves, have been excited to find a ticketing solution that offers lower fees, powerful data and analytic tools, and integrated social media promotion. In a recent Social Commerce Report, Eventbrite announced that when customers share information about a concert through social media channels built into their ticketing tools, it drives on average an additional $12 in ticket sales per share. By building a product that makes it easy for fans to share information about upcoming concerts, Eventbrite is offering promoters free, impactful social promotion. Eventbrite will continue to deepen its relationship with the music industry — employing powerful tools that move more tickets.
Eventbrite enables people all over the world to plan, promote, and sell out any event. And Eventbrite makes it easy for everyone to discover events, and to share the events they are attending with the people they know. In this way, Eventbrite brings communities together by encouraging people to connect through live experiences. Eventbrite's investors include Tiger Global, Sequoia Capital, DAG Ventures, and Tenaya Capital. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
Vanessa Hope Schneider
415-963-4359 / email@example.com