- Death from Above 1979 Announce Fall World Tour
- Hours Long Traffic Jam Prevents Customers from Attending Concert
- Event Venues Partner with Groupon to Sell Tickets to Live Events
- International Arrests Made in $1.6M StubHub Fraud Case
- Stubhub Announces Customer Accounts Hacked, Long-term Fraud Investigation
- Billy Joel to Receive Gershwin Prize Amidst New York City Concert Series
- Garth Brooks Announces World Tour and New Album
- Shark Tank’s Daymond John Highlights Final Day of Ticket Summit®
- Successful Day Two at Ticket Summit® in Las Vegas
- Ticket Summit® Kicks Off First Day of Conference in Las Vegas with a Welcome from Former Mayor Oscar B. Goodman
Worldticketshop honored in the Netherlands for fast rate of growth
PRESS RELEASE: "WORLDTICKETSHOP WINS FD GAZELLEN AWARD - ONE OF THE NETHERLANDS FASTEST GROWING COMPANIES"
Groningen, NET (Worldticketshop) November 13, 2009 – The Groningen, Netherlands-based company Worldticketshop has won the FD Gazellen Award for being the highest achieving company of the three northern Dutch provinces. The award was presented Thursday night, in Theatre de Tamboer in Hoogeveen.
Worldticketshop, a company selling tickets for concerts and events online, won the award because turnover growth over the last three years was 527 percent. In the northern region of the Netherlands, Worldticketshop was the highest achieving company in the mid-size turnover class; nationwide, Worldticketshop came ninth in the overall ranking.
"We are very happy to have won this award, and very proud of what we have achieved as a company. This is a wonderful reward for all of our hard work. I want to dedicate this award to all the employees of Worldticketshop and I hope we will be able to equal this success next year," said CEO Sebastian Monteban.
Sebastian Monteban founded Worldticketshop in 2005. Today, the Groningen-based company employs 41 people and aims for a 100 percent growth in 2010. Worldticketshop distinguishes itself for guaranteed delivery of tickets and if something should go wrong, customers receive a 120 percent refund. Worldticketshop stands out for reliability and transparency.
The FD Gazellen Awards are awarded to companies that demonstrate a turnover growth of at least 20 percent over three consecutive years. To qualify for an FD Gazellen Award, the turnover in the first year must be a minimum of €100,000. The last year should show a positive net result, and at most two previous years may have been loss-making.