- Brand New announce fall 2013 headlining tour dates
- Drake's expanded OVO Fest will feature Frank Ocean and James Blake
- Peter Frampton to Embark on Guitar Circus Tour with B.B. King, Robert Cray, Kenny Wayne Sheperd and More
- Riot Fest Unveils Two New Cities; Partners With Absolutevoices for VIP Contest
- Guest Commentary: Do Profits Drive the Secondary Market?
- Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals Announce "Technicians of Distortion" North American Tour
- Coachella 2014 Dates Announced
- Backstreet Boys Announce End of Summer 2013 North American Tour Dates
- Introducing The ‘Interlocken Music Festival’
- ScoreBig.com Becomes the Exclusive Marketing Partner for Live Event Ticketing for United MileagePlus®
'The Book of Mormon' continues to shine, tops events rankings
The smash-hit musical "The Book of Mormon" once again proved that it is the class of the Broadway stages, topping TicketNews' Top Events Rankings for another week.
The Tony-winning musical has been playing at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre for almost a year and a half now, and up until just last month, had the same two actors in the lead roles. Josh Gad and Andrew Rannells left the show to pursue other opportunities in June, but their departures haven’t affected sales for the production with this being the second consecutive week is at No. 1 in the rankings.
The touring version of the show begins in just over a month, when they begin a three-week engagement at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, CO, on August 14. The show will visit major cities across North America including stops in Chicago, Detroit, Toronto and Boston.
Not too far behind "The Book of Mormon" was fellow hit musical "Wicked" which finished at No. 2. The musical has been running at the Gershwin Theatre in New York since October of 2003 and has touring shows both in the U.S. and internationally.
The Boston Red Sox moved into the Top 10 for the first time this baseball season this week, finishing at No. 10. The team has been struggling all season long on the field, but has managed to continue their home sellout streak which began in May 2003. The Red Sox are currently 43-43 and tied for last place in the American League East. They begin the second-half of their season on July 13 against the Tampa Bay Rays in St. Petersburg.
TicketNews Exclusive Rankings and Power Scores are based on ticket sales from the TicketNetwork Exchange™. Two factors are used to calculate a power score: total ticket sales from the given event and total ticket sales within the category. Since the sum of all events' power scores equals 100 in any given category, an individual event's Power Score represents its category-specific significance. Top Event Power Scores should only be used to compare events within a particular category, and not across categories.