- Lady Gaga Unveils ARTPOP Ball North American Tour
- Skrillex Announces 2014 String of 'Takeovers' in Brooklyn, San Francisco
- Trace Adkins' 'Christmas Show' Tour Blends Music With Theatrical Elements
- Ravens Keep Playoff Hopes Alive, But How Far Can They Really Go?
- ALL THE WAY, Starring BREAKING BAD's Bryan Cranston, to Open at Neil Simon Theatre on 3/6; Previews Begin 2/10
- One Direction Where We Are 2014 North American Tour Dates—See Where They'll Perform in Concert!
- Florida Georgia Line Looks to Stay on Top in 2014: 'It's Going to Be a Big Year'
- The Secondary Market’s Top Ticketing Giants, TicketNetwork and Stubhub, to Integrate Software
- SeatGeek Launches First Ticket Metasearch App for Android
- Gavin DeGraw set to "Make a Move" across Europe and North America
Ticket Summit executive director named Show Manager of the Year
PRESS RELEASE: "Ticket Summit® Executive Director Named Show Manager of the Year: Ticketing Conference Leader Honored by The Expo Group"
South Windsor, CT—Ticket Summit®, the leading conference and trade show for the live entertainment and ticketing industry, recently announced that its Executive Director, Dr. Molly A Mérez, was named Show Manager of the Year by the Expo Group. The annual awards recognize the work of five leaders in the events and trade show management industry nationwide.
Each leader was recognized based on their tier of the industry, as determined by the number of booths hosted by their shows. Mérez was the winner for Tier I, which includes trade shows for up to 150 booths. The four other winners included leaders from the Academy of General Dentistry (Tier II), Brewers Association (Tier III), Swift Solutions (Tier IV), and SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association (Tier V).
Mérez and the other leaders were chosen because "the dedication of these individuals and the lengths they go to service their attendees and exhibitors are the exact reasons we started the SMOTY awards program—to give credit where it is due," said Ray Pekowski, president and CEO of The EXPO Group.
The Show Manager of the Year awards will be presented as part of the annual T-Awards, hosted by the Trade Show News Network, on November 2-4, 2012 in Louisville, KY. Mérez was also recognized in EXPO Magazine's Elite for 2012 list, which honors 20 leaders in the events management industry.
"It is a great honor to be recognized as Show Manager of the Year," said Mérez. "At Ticket Summit®, our goal is to always provide a unique year-round experience for our attendees and exhibitors. It is a privilege to have that work honored alongside such outstanding leaders in our industry."
Ticket Summit® is the leading ticket conference and trade show for live entertainment professionals, and is ranked among the Top 25 Fast-Growth Shows by EXPO Magazine. This event attracts hundreds of global business leaders, entrepreneurs, and entertainment experts in the ticket community. Past attendees and sponsors include: Billboard, Blue Man Group, Broadway.com, Devils Arena Entertainment, eBay, Facebook, Forbes, Goldman Sachs, Google, Harlem Globetrotters, Live Nation, Madison Square Garden, MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, Paciolan, Broadway's hit show Rock of Ages, StubHub, Ticketmaster, and Yahoo!, among others. Ticket Summit® Plus is a series of educational webinars hosted by industry experts, and is one of Ticket Summit®'s many year-round events. For information, visit www.TicketSummit.org.
Amanda Farrish, Public Relations
Molly A. Mérez, Ph.D., Executive Director