- Phillip Phillips to Launch Fall Tour
- Financing Options for Ticket Brokers
- Contender.com Launches “Fee-Free” Ticket Marketplace
- Why did God invent ticket brokers?
- Garth Brooks Teams Up with World’s Biggest Scalper – To Stop Ticket Scalping
- Who’s Really Scalping Ticket Buyers
- Kacey Musgraves to Tour this Fall
- Jason Derulo Announces First U.S. Headlining Tour
- O.A.R. Announces Fall Tour
- Israel Concerts Postponed in Midst of Conflict
Live Nation reportedly lays off about 100 employees
In a continuation of its plan to streamline operations and cut costs, Live Nation Entertainment reportedly laid off about 100 employees last week. According to Billboard, the layoffs came mostly from back-office positions, such as accounting, and are not related to the recent merger with Ticketmaster. Live Nation also plans to promote fewer than the 20,000 concerts it did in 2009, which may help to spare some marketing and talent buyer positions.