- StubHub reverses course with “All In Pricing”. Is preloaded ticketing soon to follow?
- New College Athletic Ticket Sales Group Completes First Annual Conference in Orlando
- Another NFL Team Cedes to Ticket Broker Lawsuit Pressure
- Warriors Score Big on Playoff Ticket Prices
- Lightning to Tampa Army captain – “You can sell your Stanley Cup tickets, but only to whom we approve”
- It's open season on the Secondary Ticket Market!
- There is one big play left in overtime when it comes to a Super Bowl ticket snafu
- Fan Freedom Affiliate Alludes to Massive Price Fixing in the Secondary Ticket Market: Titans Caught Manipulating Ticket Sales
- K-Pop: Fad or Forever?
- Restrictive Ticket Resale Legislation Deferred to Next Session in Florida State Legislature
Alicia Keys tour fills in more 'Freedom' concerts for spring 2010
Fans of R&B musician Alicia Keys have a little something extra to celebrate this holiday season. The singer-songwriter and pianist added more than a dozen new dates to her previously announced 2010 spring tour itinerary, which supports her most recent release, "The Element of Freedom."
Dates for the North American trek were originally blocked from February 28 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, QC, through April 6 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA. The itinerary is now extended through an April 9 engagement at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV.
Gaps in the nearly seven-week itinerary have also been filled in with new stops on March 5-6 at Fox Theater in Detroit, MI; March 25 at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC; and April 3 at the Toyota Center in Houston, TX, among other dates.
Ticket sales have already started for select markets on Keys' tour, while onsale dates for the newer additions to her calendar will be announced at a future date.
Keys will be touring behind her fourth studio album, "The Element of Freedom," released in the U.S. on December 15. The record was blocked from the top spot on the Billboard 200 by overnight phenomenon Susan Boyle, but had a strong hold on No. 2 with better than projected sales of 417,000 copies.
The No. 2 debut broke Keys' long-running streak of chart-topping records. The songstress' four previous records, including a live "unplugged" effort, snagged the top spot. Her 2007 effort "As I Am" entered the No. 1 position over Thanksgiving week with sales of 742,000.
Alicia Keys itinerary:
(Dates are subject to change.)
|February 28||Montreal, QC||Bell Centre|
|March 1||Ottawa, ON||Scotiabank Place|
|March 3||Rosemont, IL||Allstate Arena|
|March 5 - 6||Detroit, MI||Fox Theater|
|March 8||London, ON||John Labatt Centre|
|March 10||Toronto, ON||Air Canada Centre|
|March 11||Quebec City, QC||Colisee Pepsi|
|March 13||Mashantucket, CT||MGM Grand at Foxwoods|
|March 17||New York, NY||Madison Square Garden|
|March 19||Newark, NJ||Prudential Center|
|March 20||Atlantic City, NJ||Mark Estess Arena|
|March 22||Boston, MA||Agganis Arena|
|March 24||Baltimore, MD||1st Mariner Arena|
|March 25||Washington, DC||Verizon Center|
|March 27||Miami, FL||American Airlines Arena|
|March 28||Tampa, FL||St. Pete Times Forum|
|March 30||Atlanta, GA||Phillips Arena|
|April 2||Grand Prairie, TX||Nokia Theater|
|April 3||Houston, TX||Toyota Center|
|April 6||Los Angeles, CA||Staples Center|
|April 7||San Jose, CA||HP Pavilion|
|April 9||Las Vegas, NV||Mandalay Bay|