- DTI Management Co-Sponsors Ticket Summit 2016
- ALSD Launches Consulting Division
- Songkick’s Lawsuit versus Live Nation/Ticketmaster Pulls Back Curtain on the Ticket Selling Industry
- No Super Bowl Tickets for YOU!
- TixTrack Introduces a Revolutionary Ticketing Solution called Nliven
- Warriors Team President: Arena Construction Delayed Because Of Lawsuits
- TICKETMASTER ADDRESSES SECONDARY TICKETING CONCERNS
- RCN Capital Ticket Financing: Helping Clients Achieve Record Growth and Results in 2015
- Mission Bay Alliance and Mother of UCSF Patient File Lawsuit to Block Controversial Warriors Arena
- Deontay Wilder Draws Out of State Fans to Brooklyn
Alicia Keys tour fills in more 'Freedom' concerts for spring 2010
Fans of R&B musician Alicia Keys have a little something extra to celebrate this holiday season. The singer-songwriter and pianist added more than a dozen new dates to her previously announced 2010 spring tour itinerary, which supports her most recent release, "The Element of Freedom."
Dates for the North American trek were originally blocked from February 28 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, QC, through April 6 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA. The itinerary is now extended through an April 9 engagement at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV.
Gaps in the nearly seven-week itinerary have also been filled in with new stops on March 5-6 at Fox Theater in Detroit, MI; March 25 at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC; and April 3 at the Toyota Center in Houston, TX, among other dates.
Ticket sales have already started for select markets on Keys' tour, while onsale dates for the newer additions to her calendar will be announced at a future date.
Keys will be touring behind her fourth studio album, "The Element of Freedom," released in the U.S. on December 15. The record was blocked from the top spot on the Billboard 200 by overnight phenomenon Susan Boyle, but had a strong hold on No. 2 with better than projected sales of 417,000 copies.
The No. 2 debut broke Keys' long-running streak of chart-topping records. The songstress' four previous records, including a live "unplugged" effort, snagged the top spot. Her 2007 effort "As I Am" entered the No. 1 position over Thanksgiving week with sales of 742,000.
Alicia Keys itinerary:
(Dates are subject to change.)
|February 28||Montreal, QC||Bell Centre|
|March 1||Ottawa, ON||Scotiabank Place|
|March 3||Rosemont, IL||Allstate Arena|
|March 5 - 6||Detroit, MI||Fox Theater|
|March 8||London, ON||John Labatt Centre|
|March 10||Toronto, ON||Air Canada Centre|
|March 11||Quebec City, QC||Colisee Pepsi|
|March 13||Mashantucket, CT||MGM Grand at Foxwoods|
|March 17||New York, NY||Madison Square Garden|
|March 19||Newark, NJ||Prudential Center|
|March 20||Atlantic City, NJ||Mark Estess Arena|
|March 22||Boston, MA||Agganis Arena|
|March 24||Baltimore, MD||1st Mariner Arena|
|March 25||Washington, DC||Verizon Center|
|March 27||Miami, FL||American Airlines Arena|
|March 28||Tampa, FL||St. Pete Times Forum|
|March 30||Atlanta, GA||Phillips Arena|
|April 2||Grand Prairie, TX||Nokia Theater|
|April 3||Houston, TX||Toyota Center|
|April 6||Los Angeles, CA||Staples Center|
|April 7||San Jose, CA||HP Pavilion|
|April 9||Las Vegas, NV||Mandalay Bay|