- Brand New announce fall 2013 headlining tour dates
- Drake's expanded OVO Fest will feature Frank Ocean and James Blake
- Peter Frampton to Embark on Guitar Circus Tour with B.B. King, Robert Cray, Kenny Wayne Sheperd and More
- Riot Fest Unveils Two New Cities; Partners With Absolutevoices for VIP Contest
- Guest Commentary: Do Profits Drive the Secondary Market?
- Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals Announce "Technicians of Distortion" North American Tour
- Coachella 2014 Dates Announced
- Backstreet Boys Announce End of Summer 2013 North American Tour Dates
- Introducing The ‘Interlocken Music Festival’
- ScoreBig.com Becomes the Exclusive Marketing Partner for Live Event Ticketing for United MileagePlus®
Barbra Streisand plans exclusive concert at New York jazz club
The retired, unretired, retired again and unretired again Barbra Streisand is making a rare live performance at the Village Vanguard, the subterranean jazz club in Greenwich Village in New York, NY, on September 26.
While an appropriate venue for the legendary singer to celebrate her upcoming album of jazz standards and classics, "Love Is the Answer," at 123 person capacity, the demand will greatly outdistance the supply of tickets.
However, there will be no tickets for sale. One hundred ducats will be made available to fans who pre-order the CD or register free of charge on her official Web site.
Streisand previously played the famed Village Vanguard back in 1961 when she opened for Miles Davis. Musicians usually play the club for a week at a time or on Monday nights only for a long series of shows. Streisand is scheduled for one show only, and to boot, it is on a Saturday evening.
Streisand began her historic rise to concerts halls around the globe by starting out in Greenwich Village clubs, including the long gone The Lion and The Bon Soir. Her last farewell tour was in 2006.