- RCN Capital Line of Credit for Brokers Growing Explosively
- Fleetwood Mac Add Dates to North American Tour
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Announce a New Year’s Eve Show in Las Vegas
- TicketNetwork Hosts Shark Tank's Daymond John
- Cat Stevens Blames Ticket Resellers for New York Concert Cancellation
- What is a Real Fan?
- Ariana Grande to Hit the Road on Her first Headlining Tour
- Bushnell Loses Another Legal Battle with TicketNetwork
- Protect Your Information: Lessons Learned from the Latest Hacking Event
- Bob Dylan Tour Tickets On Sale Today
Billy Joel and Elton John to tour again in 2009
It has been one of the most successful superstar concert packages in rock history, and Billy Joel and Elton John are preparing to tour together again. However, the timing of the tour is unknown, except it is penciled in for sometime in 2009. The two have toured four times together under the moniker Face to Face; they play their own sets and team up for duets, playing on one another's hits. They last toured together in 2002
Joel acknowledged the plan for the dueling pianists to get back together during one of his master classes that he occasionally undertakes at various theaters and universities around the country.
He broke the news at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York, NY on October 28, during a benefit for Charity Begins at Home, sponsored by radio station Q104.3. Some of Joel's memorabilia was up for sale, including his jukebox which went for $12,000.
John also confirmed the Face to Face pairing to GQ magazine. He will have a busy 2009 with shows with his band; solo concerts; his residency in Las Vegas, NV at Caesars Palace; a duet tour with percussionist Ray Cooper; plus a possible orchestra show.
Joel had a busy 2008 performing with the Philadelphia Orchestra and premiering his new classical piece entitled, "Waltz No. 2 (Steinway Hall);" performing the final two concerts at Shea Stadium in Flushing, NY before a combined paid audience of more than 100,000; and selling out 10 concerts at the Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville, CT.