- You'll Have the Time of Your Life! Dirty Dancing National Tour Will Launch in Washington, D.C.
- Kings of Leon Announce U.S. Summer/Fall Tour
- Paul McCartney announces six new shows on U.S. leg of 'Out There!' Tour
- Coldplay Announce Tour
- Zac Brown Shuffles Band Lineup, Announces Summer Tour
- Ed Sheeran Announces Solo Arena Tour
- STEELY DAN ANNOUNCES 47 CITY ‘JAMALOT EVER AFTER’ TOUR
- 'Secret' is out: Austin Mahone Announces Album, Tour
- Aerosmith Returns to Whiskey a Go Go, Announces Summer Tour With Slash
- Robyn Announces Summer Tour Dates with Röyksopp
Curved Air reunites and hits the road
The pioneering progressive rock group Curved Air is reuniting for a tour. The trek will include festivals starting in June in the UK, and plans to tour Japan in the fall are currently in the works. The lineup sees iconic vocalist Sonja Kristina teaming up again with other founding members Darryl Way and Florian Pilkington Miksa.
Curved Air, originally formed in 1969, was a groundbreaking progressive art-rock band renowned for the showmanship of its individual musicians. Each member pushed the boundaries of possibilities for rock music performance; Way's flamboyant virtuoso exploration of electric violin, Francis Monkman's brilliant innovative sound manipulation of synthesizers and fiery intricate guitar playing and Miksa's expressive approach to rock drumming. Vocalist Sonja Kristina won the hearts of a generation of music lovers and was voted top British Female Vocalist of the 70's.
"I'm very excited to be performing again with Sonja and Florian and looking forward to meeting faithful fans and maybe creating some new ones along the way," Way said in a statement. "Curved Air in the early 70s was very much at the cutting edge of new technologies for the production of music with its use of synths and sequencers. Since that time, music technology has developed and matured in almost unimaginable ways; it should be really exciting and great fun to come back after all these years and have so many new toys to play with."
Three of the band's albums were in the top 20 in the 1970s, and a new Curved Air album, produced by Way, will be released in June with fresh recordings of classic and new tracks.
Curved Air itinerary:
June 7 Kingsbridge, UK Marlborough Village Hall
June 11 Brighton, UK Concorde 2
June 17 Newport, UK Isle of Wight Festival
Aug 23 Ross-on-Wye, UK Rock and Roots Festival