- You'll Have the Time of Your Life! Dirty Dancing National Tour Will Launch in Washington, D.C.
- Kings of Leon Announce U.S. Summer/Fall Tour
- Paul McCartney announces six new shows on U.S. leg of 'Out There!' Tour
- Coldplay Announce Tour
- Zac Brown Shuffles Band Lineup, Announces Summer Tour
- Ed Sheeran Announces Solo Arena Tour
- STEELY DAN ANNOUNCES 47 CITY ‘JAMALOT EVER AFTER’ TOUR
- 'Secret' is out: Austin Mahone Announces Album, Tour
- Aerosmith Returns to Whiskey a Go Go, Announces Summer Tour With Slash
- Robyn Announces Summer Tour Dates with Röyksopp
Jay-Z tour outlines 'Blueprint' for summer concerts with Ciara
While his latest studio album is in its final stages of production, rap mogul Jay-Z has announced plans for just a handful of summer concerts to promote the upcoming release. Only five concerts have been confirmed for the tour, which features a full backing band.
Jay-Z launches his venture with a July 3-4 pair of shows at the Pearl Concert Theatre in Las Vegas, NV. The tour quickly crosses over to the East Coast, where it leaves off with a July 12 show at Chastain Park Amphitheatre in Atlanta, GA. The current itinerary is listed in full below, but more dates will be announced in the future.
R&B vocalist Ciara will be the opening act for the currently confirmed dates. The singer revealed her involvement with the tour on May 12 in an early-morning post on her official Twitter account. She noted, "I will say it because the information has been leaked...me and Jay-Z will be going a 10-city tour run together! More details coming soon!"
Ticket presales begin today, May 13, followed by public on-sales on May 15. Live Nation is handling primary ticketing for the tour as part of its 10-year contract with Jay-Z. The rapper was one of the first recording artists to sign an all-encompassing "360-degree" deal with the company in 2008, similar to deals with Madonna, Nickelback, and Shakira, among others.
Jay-Z is promoting his upcoming album, "The Blueprint 3," tentatively scheduled for a September 2009 release. The effort follows 2001's "The Blueprint" and its 2002 follow-up "The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse." In 2007, the rapper released his tenth and most recent studio album, "American Gangster," inspired by the movie of the same name.
(Dates are subject to change.)
|July 3 - 4||Las Vegas, NV||The Pearl at the Palms Casino Resort|
|July 7||Chicago, IL||Charter One Pavilion at Northerly Island|
|July 10||Uncasville, CT||Mohegan Sun Arena|
|July 12||Atlanta, GA||Chastain Park Amphitheatre|