- Hours Long Traffic Jam Prevents Customers from Attending Concert
- Event Venues Partner with Groupon to Sell Tickets to Live Events
- International Arrests Made in $1.6M StubHub Fraud Case
- Stubhub Announces Customer Accounts Hacked, Long-term Fraud Investigation
- Billy Joel to Receive Gershwin Prize Amidst New York City Concert Series
- Garth Brooks Announces World Tour and New Album
- Shark Tank’s Daymond John Highlights Final Day of Ticket Summit®
- Successful Day Two at Ticket Summit® in Las Vegas
- Ticket Summit® Kicks Off First Day of Conference in Las Vegas with a Welcome from Former Mayor Oscar B. Goodman
- Ticket Summit: Record Attendance Expected!
Jay-Z tour outlines 'Blueprint' for summer concerts with Ciara
While his latest studio album is in its final stages of production, rap mogul Jay-Z has announced plans for just a handful of summer concerts to promote the upcoming release. Only five concerts have been confirmed for the tour, which features a full backing band.
Jay-Z launches his venture with a July 3-4 pair of shows at the Pearl Concert Theatre in Las Vegas, NV. The tour quickly crosses over to the East Coast, where it leaves off with a July 12 show at Chastain Park Amphitheatre in Atlanta, GA. The current itinerary is listed in full below, but more dates will be announced in the future.
R&B vocalist Ciara will be the opening act for the currently confirmed dates. The singer revealed her involvement with the tour on May 12 in an early-morning post on her official Twitter account. She noted, "I will say it because the information has been leaked...me and Jay-Z will be going a 10-city tour run together! More details coming soon!"
Ticket presales begin today, May 13, followed by public on-sales on May 15. Live Nation is handling primary ticketing for the tour as part of its 10-year contract with Jay-Z. The rapper was one of the first recording artists to sign an all-encompassing "360-degree" deal with the company in 2008, similar to deals with Madonna, Nickelback, and Shakira, among others.
Jay-Z is promoting his upcoming album, "The Blueprint 3," tentatively scheduled for a September 2009 release. The effort follows 2001's "The Blueprint" and its 2002 follow-up "The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse." In 2007, the rapper released his tenth and most recent studio album, "American Gangster," inspired by the movie of the same name.
(Dates are subject to change.)
|July 3 - 4||Las Vegas, NV||The Pearl at the Palms Casino Resort|
|July 7||Chicago, IL||Charter One Pavilion at Northerly Island|
|July 10||Uncasville, CT||Mohegan Sun Arena|
|July 12||Atlanta, GA||Chastain Park Amphitheatre|