- ScoreBig.com Becomes the Exclusive Marketing Partner for Live Event Ticketing for United MileagePlus®
- "Swan Lake Mariinsky Live" Dances On Point and Into U.S. Cinemas In 3D This June
- Guest Commentary: Creating Flames Within The Secondary Ticket Market
- Ultra Music Festival Onsale Begins Next Week
- One Direction Shares First 2014 Stadium Tour Dates
- Lollapalooza 2013 Schedule Revealed
- 2014 NHL Winter Classic will match Wings and Leafs
- 2014 Grammys Set January Date In Los Angeles
- The Broadway League Reveals "The Audience for Touring Broadway" For 2011 – 2012 Season
- Austin City Limits 2013 Lineup: One Day Later
John Cappo named president and CEO of AEG China
John Cappo has been named president & CEO of AEG China, based in Shanghai. In the newly created position, Cappo, who recently served as managing director of IMG China, will oversee all of AEG’s initiatives throughout Greater China, including sponsorship sales, the production and promotion of live entertainment events, and venue booking.
Cappo will also oversee the operations and management of AEG’s interests of a recently created joint venture with the NBA, which was established to design, market, program and operate 10-12 multi-purpose, NBA-style sports and entertainment arenas and entertainment districts in major cities throughout Greater China.
Cappo's immediate responsibilities will include overseeing the existing AEG Facilities management team operating the Wukesong Basketball Arena in Beijing. He will also supervise the ongoing construction, sales and programming of the 18,000-seat arena which will anchor the Shanghai World Expo Performing Arts Center set to open May 1, 2010, in conjunction with the World Expo. He will have similar responsibilities with a new sports and entertainment arena in Guangzhou which broke ground last October 15, and will be completed prior to the Asian Games in 2010.
“We are delighted that John has chosen to join AEG,” said Andrew Messick, executive vice president of Marketing & International and member of AEG’s executive board, in a statement. “John is an exceptional fit for our organization. Besides having been based in greater China for over 20 years and speaking perfect Chinese, John has extensive sales and sports experience which are essential to AEG’s goals in the region.”