- Death from Above 1979 Announce Fall World Tour
- Hours Long Traffic Jam Prevents Customers from Attending Concert
- Event Venues Partner with Groupon to Sell Tickets to Live Events
- International Arrests Made in $1.6M StubHub Fraud Case
- Stubhub Announces Customer Accounts Hacked, Long-term Fraud Investigation
- Billy Joel to Receive Gershwin Prize Amidst New York City Concert Series
- Garth Brooks Announces World Tour and New Album
- Shark Tank’s Daymond John Highlights Final Day of Ticket Summit®
- Successful Day Two at Ticket Summit® in Las Vegas
- Ticket Summit® Kicks Off First Day of Conference in Las Vegas with a Welcome from Former Mayor Oscar B. Goodman
Lil Wayne tour cancels Rochester, NY, show for a third time
The old saying, "Third time's a charm," apparently does not apply to rap artist Lil Wayne, who canceled his January 21 concert at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, NY, for a third time. The concert was a make up for two previously canceled appearances.
Neither the promoter, RMF Productions, nor the venue were given an explanation for the last minute cancellation. Ticket refunds for the canceled show are available at the point of purchase.
A new Rochester date is now being rescheduled for the third leg of Wayne's I Am Music Tour, which begins in about three weeks and continues through March.
"Now that Wayne’s doing these bigger shows, he wants to make sure that all of his fans are getting the same experience," manager Cortez Bryant told AllHipHop.com. "It would have been too difficult to travel with the entire band, then turn around and head to Calgary the next day. We didn’t want the Rochester fans to get any less of a show because of logistics. We wanted to deliver the same caliber show we’ve delivered along the tour."
The second leg of the I Am Music Tour finishes up in Vancouver, BC, on January 24.