- Fan Freedom Affiliate Alludes to Massive Price Fixing in the Secondary Ticket Market: Titans Caught Manipulating Ticket Sales
- K-Pop: Fad or Forever?
- Restrictive Ticket Resale Legislation Deferred to Next Session in Florida State Legislature
- No complaints from "Fight of the Century" ticket buyers
- Something Rotten! has hit Broadway
- Sam Smith Cancels Japan and Manila Shows
- Schedule Announced for 2016 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, Tickets On Sale this Week
- Anne Hathaway to Perform in Grounded at the Public Theater
- Sam Smith Cancels Tour Dates
- Mayweather and Pacquiao Megafight
Live Earth to produce Green Inaugural Ball
Kevin Wall, Live Earth founder responsible for the 2007 Concerts for a Climate in Crisis that featured 150 artists and 24-hours of music across seven continents to raise awareness for the solutions and challenges of climate change, has been tapped as executive producer of the 2009 Green Inaugural Ball on January 19. Staged at the Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture, the event sold out in 15 minutes without any confirmed artists, who are to be announced shortly.
“The 2009 Inaugural Green Ball Organizing Committee, and I hand-picked Kevin Wall and the Live Earth team to executive produce this year’s event to ensure we deliver the best possible Green Ball befitting this historic occasion," said Al Gore, who worked with Wall and Live Earth in the 2007 staging of Concerts for a Climate in Crisis, in a statement. "It is my pleasure to be partnered with Live Earth again, as they are the experts in creating high-profile events that marry music star power with an important environmental message."
The Green Inaugural Ball, hosted by the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery, will bring together more than 75 environmental, labor, business, civil justice, and community organizations and sponsors to celebrate the strength and diversity of those committed to creating a new clean economy.
“Live Earth’s mission is to leverage the power of music and entertainment to focus the world’s attention on the most pressing environmental issues of our time and then actively affect change," added Wall. "I am deeply honored to be part of the 2009 Green Inaugural Ball celebrating renewable energy initiatives, the clean economy and protection of our natural heritage, and Live Earth will employ all of its expertise to deliver an amazing event worthy of this special celebration.