- Brand New announce fall 2013 headlining tour dates
- Drake's expanded OVO Fest will feature Frank Ocean and James Blake
- Peter Frampton to Embark on Guitar Circus Tour with B.B. King, Robert Cray, Kenny Wayne Sheperd and More
- Riot Fest Unveils Two New Cities; Partners With Absolutevoices for VIP Contest
- Guest Commentary: Do Profits Drive the Secondary Market?
- Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals Announce "Technicians of Distortion" North American Tour
- Coachella 2014 Dates Announced
- Backstreet Boys Announce End of Summer 2013 North American Tour Dates
- Introducing The ‘Interlocken Music Festival’
- ScoreBig.com Becomes the Exclusive Marketing Partner for Live Event Ticketing for United MileagePlus®
Live Earth to produce Green Inaugural Ball
Kevin Wall, Live Earth founder responsible for the 2007 Concerts for a Climate in Crisis that featured 150 artists and 24-hours of music across seven continents to raise awareness for the solutions and challenges of climate change, has been tapped as executive producer of the 2009 Green Inaugural Ball on January 19. Staged at the Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture, the event sold out in 15 minutes without any confirmed artists, who are to be announced shortly.
“The 2009 Inaugural Green Ball Organizing Committee, and I hand-picked Kevin Wall and the Live Earth team to executive produce this year’s event to ensure we deliver the best possible Green Ball befitting this historic occasion," said Al Gore, who worked with Wall and Live Earth in the 2007 staging of Concerts for a Climate in Crisis, in a statement. "It is my pleasure to be partnered with Live Earth again, as they are the experts in creating high-profile events that marry music star power with an important environmental message."
The Green Inaugural Ball, hosted by the Smithsonian American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery, will bring together more than 75 environmental, labor, business, civil justice, and community organizations and sponsors to celebrate the strength and diversity of those committed to creating a new clean economy.
“Live Earth’s mission is to leverage the power of music and entertainment to focus the world’s attention on the most pressing environmental issues of our time and then actively affect change," added Wall. "I am deeply honored to be part of the 2009 Green Inaugural Ball celebrating renewable energy initiatives, the clean economy and protection of our natural heritage, and Live Earth will employ all of its expertise to deliver an amazing event worthy of this special celebration.