- Great Consumer Ticket Selling Program
- Phillip Phillips to Launch Fall Tour
- Financing Options for Ticket Brokers
- Contender.com Launches “Fee-Free” Ticket Marketplace
- Why did God invent ticket brokers?
- Garth Brooks Teams Up with World’s Biggest Scalper – To Stop Ticket Scalping
- Who’s Really Scalping Ticket Buyers
- Kacey Musgraves to Tour this Fall
- Jason Derulo Announces First U.S. Headlining Tour
- O.A.R. Announces Fall Tour
Minnesota Lawmakers Repeal 58 Year Old Scalping Law
ST PAUL, MN -- The House voted 124-8 to repeal the law on Wednesday, after a similar Senate vote in February. Pawlenty spokesman Brian McClung said the governor plans to sign the bill. The repeal would take effect Aug. 1.
"This law is now unenforceable in the age of the Internet," said Rep. Chris DeLaForest, the bill's House sponsor. "The Internet has made this commerce legal, and that's what it should be, members. After all, we don't talk about scalping real estate or artwork or stocks or bonds."...
State law currently forbids selling tickets above their face value, on pain of up to 90 days in jail or fines of up to $1,000 or both. The law was originally passed in 1949 and recodified in 1963, according to the Legislature's Office of the Revisor of Statutes.