- ALSD Launches Consulting Division
- Songkick’s Lawsuit versus Live Nation/Ticketmaster Pulls Back Curtain on the Ticket Selling Industry
- No Super Bowl Tickets for YOU!
- TixTrack Introduces a Revolutionary Ticketing Solution called Nliven
- Warriors Team President: Arena Construction Delayed Because Of Lawsuits
- TICKETMASTER ADDRESSES SECONDARY TICKETING CONCERNS
- RCN Capital Ticket Financing: Helping Clients Achieve Record Growth and Results in 2015
- Mission Bay Alliance and Mother of UCSF Patient File Lawsuit to Block Controversial Warriors Arena
- Deontay Wilder Draws Out of State Fans to Brooklyn
- New York Times - Cheap Broadway Tickets CAN Be Found
Mötley Crüe confirms Las Vegas residency, ticket sales
The men of Mötley Crüe are the latest recording artists to undertake a Sin City residency.
The hard rock foursome will play a dozen dates at The Joint, the 4,000-capacity concert venue within the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. Residency events are scheduled February 3-5, 8, 10-12, 14-15, and 17-19.
Public ticket sales open December 3 at 10 a.m. local time in Vegas. Ticket face values range from $41 to $81 through primary seller Ticketmaster.com.
The Hard Rock is also offering room and show packages that start at $259, although exact prices depend on available room rates and the package type. Package options include either two general admission tickets or two reserved orchestra seats.
"I think we're a band that fits Las Vegas perfectly," said bassist Nikki Sixx in a promotional video for the residency (see below). "We've always been about theatrics; we've always been about topping ourselves."
Frontman and vocalist Vince Neil added, "We actually closed down The Joint — the original Joint — and so it's really only kinda fitting for us to be back at the new Joint and doing a residency there."
The venue-closing concert to which Neil referred took place February 7, 2009, according to Las Vegas Weekly. The Joint reopened in April that same year after undergoing renovations that doubled the venue's capacity.
While Vegas' larger venues are better known for their artist residencies, Mötley Crüe is not the first act to set up shop semi-permanently on The Joint's stage. In early April 2009, classic rock guitarist Santana announced a multi-year residency at the venue.
At this point in time, the only other performance dates on Mötley Crüe's calendar are for a December tour of the United Kingdom with Def Leppard. However, the band was on the road across North America for much of summer 2011 touring with Poison and the New York Dolls.