- RCN Capital Line of Credit for Brokers Growing Explosively
- Fleetwood Mac Add Dates to North American Tour
- Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Announce a New Year’s Eve Show in Las Vegas
- TicketNetwork Hosts Shark Tank's Daymond John
- Cat Stevens Blames Ticket Resellers for New York Concert Cancellation
- What is a Real Fan?
- Ariana Grande to Hit the Road on Her first Headlining Tour
- Bushnell Loses Another Legal Battle with TicketNetwork
- Protect Your Information: Lessons Learned from the Latest Hacking Event
- Bob Dylan Tour Tickets On Sale Today
Mötley Crüe confirms Las Vegas residency, ticket sales
The men of Mötley Crüe are the latest recording artists to undertake a Sin City residency.
The hard rock foursome will play a dozen dates at The Joint, the 4,000-capacity concert venue within the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. Residency events are scheduled February 3-5, 8, 10-12, 14-15, and 17-19.
Public ticket sales open December 3 at 10 a.m. local time in Vegas. Ticket face values range from $41 to $81 through primary seller Ticketmaster.com.
The Hard Rock is also offering room and show packages that start at $259, although exact prices depend on available room rates and the package type. Package options include either two general admission tickets or two reserved orchestra seats.
"I think we're a band that fits Las Vegas perfectly," said bassist Nikki Sixx in a promotional video for the residency (see below). "We've always been about theatrics; we've always been about topping ourselves."
Frontman and vocalist Vince Neil added, "We actually closed down The Joint — the original Joint — and so it's really only kinda fitting for us to be back at the new Joint and doing a residency there."
The venue-closing concert to which Neil referred took place February 7, 2009, according to Las Vegas Weekly. The Joint reopened in April that same year after undergoing renovations that doubled the venue's capacity.
While Vegas' larger venues are better known for their artist residencies, Mötley Crüe is not the first act to set up shop semi-permanently on The Joint's stage. In early April 2009, classic rock guitarist Santana announced a multi-year residency at the venue.
At this point in time, the only other performance dates on Mötley Crüe's calendar are for a December tour of the United Kingdom with Def Leppard. However, the band was on the road across North America for much of summer 2011 touring with Poison and the New York Dolls.