- Warriors Score Big on Playoff Ticket Prices
- Lightning to Tampa Army captain – “You can sell your Stanley Cup tickets, but only to whom we approve”
- It's open season on the Secondary Ticket Market!
- There is one big play left in overtime when it comes to a Super Bowl ticket snafu
- Fan Freedom Affiliate Alludes to Massive Price Fixing in the Secondary Ticket Market: Titans Caught Manipulating Ticket Sales
- K-Pop: Fad or Forever?
- Restrictive Ticket Resale Legislation Deferred to Next Session in Florida State Legislature
- No complaints from "Fight of the Century" ticket buyers
- Something Rotten! has hit Broadway
- Sam Smith Cancels Japan and Manila Shows
NKOTB / BSB tour announces first dates for 2011 collaborative concerts
Details about the collaboration between New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys are beginning to materialize. This week the grown-up kings of boy-band pop confirmed the first five dates of their joint NKOTBSB Tour, slated for summer 2011.
The trek's North American calendar presently opens with a June 9 show at Air Canada Centre in Toronto, ON. The two troupes will then perform on June 11 at Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, NY, and June 12 at Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ. The first confirmed Midwest stop falls days later on June 17 at United Center in Chicago, IL, with West Coast touchdown set for July 1 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA.
Public ticket sales begin November 19 in Toronto, Uniondale and East Rutherford. Chicago onsales are close behind on November 20, trailed by Los Angeles onsales on November 22. Ticket prices have not been announced at this point, but updates will be made on the official NKOTBSB Web site.
The all-grown-up Kids and Boys first teased their plans to tour together on Ryan Seacrest's radio show on November 3. But fans won't have to wait until summer 2011 to watch the group collaboration in action. NKTOB and BSB are one of the acts scheduled to perform live at this year's American Music Awards on November 21. According to their site, the award show appearance will count as "their first joint televised appearance."
Backed by the release of new album "The Block," the New Kids staged a successful comeback that carried them through several wildly successful North American tour legs in fall 2008, spring 2009 and summer 2009, suffering just a few production delays and cancellations during the summer leg.
Backstreet Boys have had more modest success in recent years with the likes of their 2008 Unbreakable Tour and a summer 2010 jaunt across North America for the October 2009 album "This Is Us." BSB did both tours down one member of the original lineup. Kevin Richardson announced his split with the group in 2006 and will not participate in the 2011 venture.
NKOTBSB Tour - 2011 itinerary:
(Dates are subject to change.)
|June 9||Toronto, ON||Air Canada Centre|
|June 11||Uniondale, NY||Nassau Coliseum|
|June 12||East Rutherford, NJ||Izod Center|
|June 17||Chicago, IL||United Center|
|July 1||Los Angeles, CA||Staples Center|