- New College Athletic Ticket Sales Group Completes First Annual Conference in Orlando
- Another NFL Team Cedes to Ticket Broker Lawsuit Pressure
- Warriors Score Big on Playoff Ticket Prices
- Lightning to Tampa Army captain – “You can sell your Stanley Cup tickets, but only to whom we approve”
- It's open season on the Secondary Ticket Market!
- There is one big play left in overtime when it comes to a Super Bowl ticket snafu
- Fan Freedom Affiliate Alludes to Massive Price Fixing in the Secondary Ticket Market: Titans Caught Manipulating Ticket Sales
- K-Pop: Fad or Forever?
- Restrictive Ticket Resale Legislation Deferred to Next Session in Florida State Legislature
- No complaints from "Fight of the Century" ticket buyers
New Model Army Sacks Tour
New Model Army has been forced to postpone its North American tour due to visa complications. The 28-date tour was supposed to have started on Sept. 5 in Philadelphia and wind down on Oct. 8 in Hoboken, NJ. Three Canadian concerts were included in the 28 shows that were canceled.
“Today we have been informed that the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services has taken precisely 20 weeks--instead of the usual 8 or 9--to Deny our I-129 Non Immigrant Visa Applications,” a disheartened Tommy Tee, NMA manager, declared in a prepared statement. “I can only apologize on behalf of the band as I know how much work has gone into all these shows. For our part, having spent the past four years trying to rebuild the fan base and reputation of the band in North America after a long absence, we are bitterly disappointed. ”. . .
Guitarist Justin Sullivan said the band was “really puzzled by this refusal to issue visas,” considering the band is not new to touring in the U.S. “Over the last few years, we've worked a lot in America, building up to this tour with a well-received album, good press and good ticket sales. And during this time we've encountered no problems with the authorities and have been received with courtesy and hospitality throughout the country.”
The band plans to reapply and rebook the tour in the spring. “We'd like to thank all our fans and the promoters in the US for the understanding attitude they have showed and we very much hope we can resolve this impasse and reschedule the tour for spring," Sullivan added.
New Model Army's current line up is Justin Sullivan (vocal and guitar), Nelson (bass), Michael Dean (drums), Dean White (keys) and Marshall Gill (guitar).
Wed 5 Philadelphia, PA North Star Bar
Thurs 6 New York, NY Mercury Lounge
Fri 7 Hoboken, NJ Maxwell's
Sat 8 Washington, DC Rock n Roll Hotel
Sun 9 Pittsburgh, PA 31st St Pub
Tue 11 Lexington, KY The Red Mile
Wed 12 Mobile, AL Soul Kitchen
Thur 13 New Orleans Hi-Ho Lounge
Fri 14 Austin, TX Elysium
Sun 16 Tempe, AZ The Sets
Mon 17 Los Angeles, CA The Knitting Factory
Tues 18 Costa Mesa, CA Detroit Bar
Wed 19 San Diego, CA Brick By Brick
Thur 20 San Francisco, CA DNA Lounge
Sat 22 Portland. OR venue tbc
Sun 23 Seattle, WA El Corazon
Mon 24 Edmonton, ALB New City
Thur 27 Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock
Fri 28 Dekalb, IL Otto's
Sat 29 Chicago, IL The Note
Mon 1 Toronto Lee's Palace
Tues 2 Ottawa tbc
Wed 3 Rochester, NY Bug Jar
Thur 4 Boston, MA T.T. The Bear's Place
Fri 5 Brooklyn, NY Southpaw
Sat 6 New York, NY Mercury Lounge
Sun 7 Philadelphia, PA North Star Bar
Mon 8 Hoboken, NJ Maxwell's