- Journey, Steve Miller Band map out North American summer run together
- George Strait to wrap up final tour with star-studded list of special guests
- Brad Paisley Announces 'Beat This Winter' Tour for 2014
- Lady Gaga Unveils ARTPOP Ball North American Tour
- Skrillex Announces 2014 String of 'Takeovers' in Brooklyn, San Francisco
- Trace Adkins' 'Christmas Show' Tour Blends Music With Theatrical Elements
- Ravens Keep Playoff Hopes Alive, But How Far Can They Really Go?
- ALL THE WAY, Starring BREAKING BAD's Bryan Cranston, to Open at Neil Simon Theatre on 3/6; Previews Begin 2/10
- One Direction Where We Are 2014 North American Tour Dates—See Where They'll Perform in Concert!
- Florida Georgia Line Looks to Stay on Top in 2014: 'It's Going to Be a Big Year'
Smashing Pumpkins tour through fall for 'Kaleidyscope'
In a little over a month, frontman Billy Corgan and the latest lineup of '90s alternative rock group the Smashing Pumpkins will once again return to the road. The band will be performing songs both new and old from its extensive catalogue.
The Other Side of the Kaleidyscope Tour features a dozen-date U.S. itinerary that opens October 5 at The Wiltern in Los Angeles, CA. Stateside touring efforts will continue through the end of the month and an October 22 concert at Tower Theatre in Upper Darby, PA.
The autumn routing primarily passes through the major U.S. concert markets. Stops include October 8 at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, NV; October 14 at Riviera Theatre in Corgan's native Chicago, IL; October 18 at Terminal 5 in New York, NY; and October 21 at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston, MA.
Public ticket sales for the Kaleidyscope Tour have been scattered over several August weekends. Of the seven dates listed on Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com, prices range from $35 to $75, depending on the venue.
The late year tour will highlight some of the Pumpkins' most recent studio work, including songs from the ongoing epic "Teargarden by Kaleidyscope." Twelve songs of the work's intended 44 total have been released individually as free downloads since December 2009.
The band will also play cuts from its new standard-length album "Oceania." According to a late August video announcement from Corgan, the first songs will be heard in November 2011. "Oceania" will also receive a later, wider commercial release, as opposed to the non-standard releases for "Kaleidyscope."
Aside from Corgan (the only remaining original Pumpkin), the most senior band member is guitarist Jeff Schroeder, who joined the act in 2007. Drummer Mike Byrne was recruited to the lineup in 2009 at the age of 19, and the 2010 addition of bassist Nicole Fiorentino rounded out the foursome.
The Pumpkins debuted this lineup during a summer 2010 tour, which also featured early material from the "Kaleidyscope" collection.
After completing the U.S. leg of the trek, Corgan et al. will head overseas for at least another month of concert dates. The tour of mainland Europe begins November 2 in Stockholm, Sweden, and concludes November 25 in Offenbach, Germany.
Smashing Pumpkins itinerary:
(Dates are subject to change.)
|October 5||Los Angeles, CA||The Wiltern|
|October 7||Oakland, CA||Fox Theater|
|October 8||Las Vegas, NV||The Cosmopolitan|
|October 10||Denver, CO||Ogden Theatre|
|October 13||Milwaukee, WI||Riverside Theatre|
|October 14||Chicago, IL||Riviera Theatre|
|October 15||Detroit, MI||The Fillmore Detroit|
|October 17||Washington, DC||9:30 Club|
|October 18||New York, NY||Terminal 5|
|October 19||Providence, RI||Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel|
|October 21||Boston, MA||Orpheum Theatre|
|October 22||Upper Darby, PA||Tower Theatre|