- Ticket Club™ Cuts Out Service Fees on Event Tickets
- Music Midtown Announces 2013 Lineup
- From Jack Johnson To Now To You
- A Comedy Tour Too Big to Be Contained by Four Walls: Funny Or Die Presents The Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival
- Drake Sets North American Tour
- The Replacements Reunion: '80s Band To Return To The Stage After 22 Years
- Luke Bryan Tickets Go On Sale to the General Public Friday, June 14th
- Buffett to perform benefit show at Paradise Rock Club in Boston
- My Morning Jacket Plan 'One Big Holiday' Festival
- Dave Matthews Band heading to South Africa
Steely Dan tour adds four shows at the Beacon Theatre
Steely Dan did not sell out its first shows (July 28-29 and July 31-August 1), but the sales were brisk enough to roll out a new quartet of performances on the same day of sale. Interestingly, the second batch of concerts will be interrupted with engagements on August 7 at the Foxwoods Casino in Mashantucket, CT, and on August 8 at the Borgata in Atlantic City, NJ.
The second set of shows will also include "The Classic Album (Plus) Night" concept with two of the concerts devoted to a classic album plus a selection of favorite songs, most probabaly greatest hits.
Steely Dan's jazz influenced "Aja" will be revivified on July 28 and August 3, and "The Royal Scam" on July 31 and August 10. "Gaucho" will only be performed on July 29. August 1, 4 and 11 shows are keyed to internet requests from ticket holders to that evening's show, which will probably be a combination of the the other nights plus more greatest hits. A specially priced ticket is available for all four shows in a series.
Steely Dan has a curious touring history. After recording a few albums and touring, Steely Dan (Donald Fagan and Walter Becker) recorded the three aforementioned albums and did not tour behind them. They then broke up from 1981 to 1993, and slowly worked their way back to the stage upon regrouping. Thus, this is the first time that the group, in reality, is finally promoting one of the three classic albums.
On the recent MSG Network show, "The Beacon Theatre: A NY Legend Reborn," Fagan said he loved doing residencies at the Beacon on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. The last time they performed there, Steely Dan performed six concerts. So far, there are eight shows on the books this summer.