- What is a Real Fan?
- Ariana Grande to Hit the Road on Her first Headlining Tour
- Bushnell Loses Another Legal Battle with TicketNetwork
- Protect Your Information: Lessons Learned from the Latest Hacking Event
- Bob Dylan Tour Tickets On Sale Today
- Behind The Veil of All-In-Pricing
- Usher Will Take ‘The UR Experience’ on Tour Across North America
- Another Traffic Fiasco Keeps Fans from Concert
- Great Consumer Ticket Selling Program
- Phillip Phillips to Launch Fall Tour
Ticketmaster and StubHub stay at the top
In the realm of primary online ticket sales, Ticketmaster was joined near the top of the rankings by LiveNation, who spent the month sitting in second place. The rest of the top five in sales varied slightly as the month wore on, with Tickets.com, TicketWeb, Telecharge, and Tix.com all shuffling around from third through fifth place in the rankings.
The secondary online ticket market saw strong performances from StubHub and second-place TicketsNow, which was recently bought by Ticketmaster. Rounding out the top five throughout the month were TicketLiquidator, TicketNetwork, CoasttoCoastTickets, and TickCo.
In overall ticket sales, combining both the lists for primary and secondary ticket sales, Ticketmaster spent the month in the top spot, followed by StubHub in the second. The top five was completed by TicketsNow and LiveNation’s continual placement in the third and forth spots, while TicketLiquidator and Tickets.com alternated within fifth place.
Ticket News developed the exclusive Power Ranking of ticket sellers using market share information from multiple independent web traffic resources.
Power Rankings are determined using a score developed by TicketNews, which estimates the amount of web traffic per ticket seller’s website. Two sources of information are combined to determine this score. One relies on unique visitors, the other relies on overall visits and is given more weight in the ranking.