- Ticket Summit: Record Attendance Expected!
- Ticket Summit® to Hold a Trade Show at this Year’s Conference
- StubHub Announces Lower Rates for Ticket Sellers and Higher Prices for Fans
- Ticket Summit® to Premiere Exciting Panels on Ins and Outs of the Entertainment Industry
- Former Mayor of Las Vegas, Oscar B. Goodman, to kick off Ticket Summit® 2014
- eBay’s StubHub Experiences Setback With Recent Layoffs and Decreasing Sales
- Celebrate Your Favorite Team Winning the World Series with Free Tickets
- TicketNetwork’s CEO, Don Vaccaro, to Speak about the Evolution of the Secondary Ticket Market at Ticket Summit® in Las Vegas
- Ticket Summit Welcomes Shark Tank’s Daymond John as the Keynote Speaker at this Year’s Conference
- Oddball Comedy and Curiosity Festival Returns
Ticketmaster and StubHub stay at the top
In the realm of primary online ticket sales, Ticketmaster was joined near the top of the rankings by LiveNation, who spent the month sitting in second place. The rest of the top five in sales varied slightly as the month wore on, with Tickets.com, TicketWeb, Telecharge, and Tix.com all shuffling around from third through fifth place in the rankings.
The secondary online ticket market saw strong performances from StubHub and second-place TicketsNow, which was recently bought by Ticketmaster. Rounding out the top five throughout the month were TicketLiquidator, TicketNetwork, CoasttoCoastTickets, and TickCo.
In overall ticket sales, combining both the lists for primary and secondary ticket sales, Ticketmaster spent the month in the top spot, followed by StubHub in the second. The top five was completed by TicketsNow and LiveNation’s continual placement in the third and forth spots, while TicketLiquidator and Tickets.com alternated within fifth place.
Ticket News developed the exclusive Power Ranking of ticket sellers using market share information from multiple independent web traffic resources.
Power Rankings are determined using a score developed by TicketNews, which estimates the amount of web traffic per ticket seller’s website. Two sources of information are combined to determine this score. One relies on unique visitors, the other relies on overall visits and is given more weight in the ranking.