- Growing Number of Fans Buying Tickets to Overseas Events
- TicketCrusader.com: New Website Dedicated to All Ticket Related Information
- Fall Out Boy and Wiz Khalifa to Co-Headline Summer Tour
- Baseball Legend Joe Torre to Give Keynote at TicketNetwork's Annual Conference
- RCN Capital: Brokers Now Have Five Financing Options
- TicketNetwork to Support Make-A-Wish Connecticut and Macy’s National Believe Day with First “Believe Eve”
- David Tyree wins the "Best Catch" Title
- Which Catch Was the Greatest?
- Cleveland Cavaliers Announce New Ticket Sales Policy
- Beckham vs. Tyree: Who Had the Better Catch?
Van Morrison tour books new 'Astral Weeks' concerts in the U.S.
After completing a few earlier runs of cover-to-cover "Astral Weeks" performances in late 2008 and early 2009, Van Morrison has added to his U.S. itinerary with another handful of summer dates.
The iconic musician has just four concerts booked for the East Coast, beginning August 4 at the Wang Theatre in Boston, MA. The one-week trek continues with a two-night stand on August 6-7 at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, DC, before wrapping up on August 8 at Caesars Ballroom in Atlantic City, NJ.
Public onsales have already started for each date on the trek. Telecharge is handling ticketing for the opening night, and the remaining dates are being sold through Ticketmaster.
The summer schedule follows Morrison's earlier album-centric gigs in the U.S. He performed "Astral Weeks" live for the first time on November 7-8 at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, CA.
Those initial performances were followed by East Coast encores on February 27-28 at the Theater at Madison Square Garden and March 3-4 at Beacon Theatre, both in New York, NY. From there Morrison took his "Astral Weeks" act to his native UK for two concerts at Royal Albert Hall before returning for more gigs in the Los Angeles area in May.
The upcoming concerts will continue with the full album format that has become so popular for veteran performers as of late. Aerosmith is dedicating its summer tour to the 1975 classic "Toys in the Attic," while Judas Priest has been relying on its oldie-but-goodie "British Steel," to name a couple other performers taking that route.
The four concerts should also feature a healthy mix of songs from Morrison's catalogue, with the first set of the evening dedicated to the 1968 record and a second set filled with the Belfast-born musician's other classics and fan favorites.
Van Morrison itinerary:
(Dates are subject to change.)
|August 4||Boston, MA||Wang Theatre|
|August 6-7||Washington, DC||DAR Constitution Hall|
|August 8||Atlantic City, NJ||Caesars Ballroom|