- Growing Number of Fans Buying Tickets to Overseas Events
- TicketCrusader.com: New Website Dedicated to All Ticket Related Information
- Fall Out Boy and Wiz Khalifa to Co-Headline Summer Tour
- Baseball Legend Joe Torre to Give Keynote at TicketNetwork's Annual Conference
- RCN Capital: Brokers Now Have Five Financing Options
- TicketNetwork to Support Make-A-Wish Connecticut and Macy’s National Believe Day with First “Believe Eve”
- David Tyree wins the "Best Catch" Title
- Which Catch Was the Greatest?
- Cleveland Cavaliers Announce New Ticket Sales Policy
- Beckham vs. Tyree: Who Had the Better Catch?
George Michael adds dates to rescheduled Symphonica Tour
Tickets for George Michael's rescheduled Symphonica Tour will likely be in high demand due to the addition of new dates. Michael has rescheduled his European tour, which was cancelled in November 2011 after the former Wham! front man fell ill with pneumonia.
The Symphonica Tour, which originally began in August 2011, will restart with a newly added stop on Sept. 4 in Vienna where Michael is donating 1,000 tickets as a thank-you to the medical staff who took care of him during the weeks he spent there in a Vienna hospital.
The tour also includes a newly added date on Sept. 14 at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam, as well as dates in the UK and France — where the singer will make a special stop on Sept. 9, becoming the first pop star to perform a charity concert at the Palais Garnier Opera House in Paris.
UK-based online ticket marketplace viagogo has tickets listed for the Sept. 4 show in Vienna ranging from around $168 for upper level seats to $1,058 for orchestra. VIP seats cost as much as $1,986. Seats for the Sept. 14 stop in Amsterdam range from about $130 to $991.
Original tickets from the cancelled tour dates will still be honored. Ticketholders looking for a refund must submit requests by April 30 to the outlet where tickets were purchased. The returned tickets will be available for purchase from the venue box offices.
One of the world's best-selling musicians, Michael has sold an estimated 100 million records and earned eight number one hits on the Billboard Hot 100 charts in the U.S.
Following a successful run with Wham!, the singer earned several hits during his solo career with singles including "Careless Whisper" and "Faith" — both of which have been covered by other popular artists.
In a recent statement, Michael said, "I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you first to the doctors and nurses who saved my life and took such great care of me and to all my fans, family and friends for their love and support. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone."
The musician also sent a message to his fans via Twitter, saying, "hey people, hope you are happy with your rescheduled dates, I'll make sure it was worth the wait!!"