- From Jack Johnson To Now To You
- A Comedy Tour Too Big to Be Contained by Four Walls: Funny Or Die Presents The Oddball Comedy & Curiosity Festival
- Drake Sets North American Tour
- The Replacements Reunion: '80s Band To Return To The Stage After 22 Years
- Luke Bryan Tickets Go On Sale to the General Public Friday, June 14th
- Buffett to perform benefit show at Paradise Rock Club in Boston
- My Morning Jacket Plan 'One Big Holiday' Festival
- Dave Matthews Band heading to South Africa
- Dallas & Columbus Set For ‘Breakaway’
- Round 3 Ticket Pre Sales on June 11th
THEATRE REVIEW: Last chance to see 'Miss Abigail's Guide'
"Miss Abigail's Guide to Dating, Mating and Marriage" is one of Off-Broadway's best hidden gems, and tickets are only available for two more performances before the long-running show closes its doors.
The show is based around Miss Abigail, a relationship advice guru who cites classic love advice from as far back as the early 1900s. At her side is her assistant Paco, who provides some comic relief as well as his own unique relationship problem. Throughout the interactive show, Miss Abigail and Paco give the audience advice about everything from flirting to dating to long-term marriage. They pass out cards for particularly important advice and pull audience members up on stage for various segments, including a few competitions.
"Miss Abigail's Guide" is great for girls' night out or date night, whether it's a first date or a wedding anniversary. The show provides some surprisingly useful advice while at the same time keeping the audience laughing almost constantly. This reviewer actually had the fortune of getting pulled up on stage for a particularly interesting game show segment, which was fun for all involved. The improvisational skill of the two actors in the show is also impressive, since with audience interaction there are always a few surprises, making each show a little different than the others.
Regular ticket prices are $75, but TicketNews readers can save 40 percent off ticket face values when they use "Miss Abigail's Guide" discount code ABIGAILTN.
"Miss Abigail's Guide to Dating, Mating and Marriage" has two remaining shows, both at 5:00 p.m., on June 23 and June 30. The production is located at Sofia's Downstairs Theater, at 221 West 46th Street, New York, NY.
"Miss Abigail's Guide to Dating, Mating and Marriage" was reviewed in participation with TicketNews' Discount Theatre Program, which provides unique discount codes for Broadway, Off-Broadway, and other theatrical productions. For more information on the program or enrolling a production, visit our Discount Theatre Program page or e-mail Liz Hoffman.