PRESS RELEASE: “CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB AND VIAGOGO RENEW TICKETING PARTNERSHIP”
London, ENG (viagogo) September 11, 2009 – Building on their successful three year business relationship, viagogo, Europe’s leading secondary ticketing company, has renewed its partnership with Chelsea Football Club. viagogo will continue to power the Chelsea FC viagogo Ticket Exchange, providing Chelsea fans with a safe and secure platform in which to buy and sell tickets for matches at Stamford Bridge.
The ticket exchange is the only official and legal place for season ticket holders to sell tickets they cannot use and has been a big hit with fans. Season ticket holders can recoup some of the cost of their season tickets for matches they cannot attend, while other True Blue fan club members get access to tickets for matches that might otherwise be sold out. As nearly all home matches at Stamford Bridge are sold out, the ticket exchange is the last chance for many fans to get much sought after tickets. Highlights of the first three years of the partnership include:
• First season ticket holder ticket exchange service of its type in the English Premier League
• Ticket sales on the exchange have grown by over 100% over the three seasons.
• Tens of thousands of tickets resold for matches at Stamford Bridge
• Significant reduction in empty season ticket holder seats on match days
• Seamless operational process for fans whereby season ticket holder cards are deactivated for resold matches and buyers pick up match day tickets at the box office
Peter Kenyon, Chief Executive of Chelsea FC, said, “Since we launched the viagogo ticket exchange three seasons ago it has become an invaluable service for our fans. By providing a secure and transparent environment, season ticket holders can legally sell tickets they are unable to use to other loyal Chelsea fans at a consistent price.”
Eric Baker, CEO of viagogo said, “We are delighted to renew our partnership with Chelsea FC, and build on the success of the last 3 years. Chelsea supporters have embraced the viagogo ticket exchange and we’re proud to have helped tens of thousands of fans get into matches they would otherwise have missed.”
For more information about viagogo please contact
Harry Porter or Louise Myson at freud communications
Tel: 020 3003 6300; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org