Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band announced today on their website that the remainder of their 2017 Runaway Train tour will be postponed until further notice so Seger may “attend to an urgent medical issue concerning his vertebrae”.
Seger and the Silver Bullet Band played their 13th sold out show this past Thursday in Pittsburgh, but the group had to cancel Sunday’s show in Columbus, Ohio. Upon receiving doctor’s orders, Seger et al were forced to postpone the remaining 18 tour stops, as well. No further information on Seger’s medical issue was disclosed.
The postponed run was set to start in Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina this Thursday, October 5 and wrap up at Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois on November 17. Rescheduled dates will be announced when available, and tickets for the postponed shows will be honored on the new dates.
“I’m so disappointed to have to suspend the tour as the band is on a great roll”, Seger told fans on Facebook. “It’s a privilege to play for our amazing fans. Hoping to be back out on the road very soon.”
The postponed dates are listed below:
- Sep 30- Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH
- Oct 5– Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, SC
- Oct 7– Infinite Energy Arena in Atlanta, GA
- Oct 10- Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA
- Oct 12– Scottrade Center in St. Louis, MO
- Oct 14– Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO
- Oct 19– Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands, TX
- Oct 21– Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, TX
- Oct 24– Frank Erwin Center in Austin, TX
- Oct 26– Pepsi Center in Denver, CO
- Oct 28– Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, AZ
- Nov 2– Oracle Arena in Oakland, CA
- Nov 4– The Forum in Inglewood, CA
- Nov 7– Ford Center in Boise, ID
- Nov 9– Moda Center in Portland, OR
- Nov 11– KeyArena in Seattle, WA
- Nov 13– Rimrock Auto Arena in Billings, MT
- Nov 15– XCEL Energy Center in St. Paul, MN
- Nov 17– Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL