The University of Oklahoma announces new policies for Football season 2020
The Department of Athletics at the University of Oklahoma (OU) has developed the new rules and procedures for the 2020 Football season. Fans are expecting some amazing experiences at the Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.
The department came up with the latest version of the SoonerSports2Go app to enrich the fans’ digital experience. Just like you can enjoy the latest live dealer games online from within the comfort of your home, this app enables you to purchase your tickets, book parking lots and enjoy multiple services without stepping out. You can even enjoy the live match updates with its help.
- Fans can purchase their ticket online via the SoonerSports2Go application. The application is available for both iOS and Android users. You can also transfer your ticket to another person via this app.
- For any issues with the tickets, resolution areas would be present near gates 5,7 and the stadium’s main ticket office.
- The ticket allotments for the visiting team would be according to the Big 12 conference protocols.
The Oklahoma Memorial Stadium is one of the largest stadiums in the world in terms of seating capacity. It can house almost 86,000 people. The seating arrangement rules have been set after discussing with the sports architecture development firm Populus. The new rules are as follows:
- Family seating pods will have a capacity between 2 to 8.
- Every family pod would be separated and distanced from the other by a single empty row.
- Viewers of one family pod can access the aisle without having to come in front of another pod.
- There is a strict NO-NO on tailgating, both at the gates and in the parking areas.
- The following events have been canceled for this year
- Sooner Club Tailgate
- OU Alumni Association Boomer Bash
- Walk of Champions
- The entry gate for visitors would be mentioned on their digital ticket.
- Entry into the stadium would be permitted 2.5 hours before the start of a game.
- This year would see the increase in the number of bags-free express entrance gates.
You can use the SoonerSports2Go to find your designated parking spot.
- Club members qualifying for ‘Sooner’ parking will receive their slots via the mobile app.
- There would include several sanitization stations and toilets in the RV parking space.
- A large number of shuttles and bus services have been arranged for the match-days.
This year will witness completely digital, contactless parking with remote assistance.
If you need food or beverage, your cash will not help you anymore! OU 2002 Football season is going completely cashless.
- There would 100% cashless transactions for all food and beverage purchases. Apple pay would be used for such transactions.
- You can also avail of mobile orders using the SoonerSports2Go application.
Cool zones would become designated first aid booths. In case of any emergency, you can visit the nearest cool zone or contact any of the stadium’s patrolling bikes.
The above list of policies and procedures is not exhaustive. The OU has laid down clear and extensive rules for restrooms, elevators, general concessions, retail, and sanitization. These new policies aim to ensure that viewers and fans have the best experience during football season 2020.