Ticket Summit 2008, the leading trade show and conference for the secondary ticket industry, kicks off Wednesday at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino in Las Vegas, NV and organizers are expecting the attendance to exceed 700 ticket brokers and other ticketing executives.
This year’s conference marks the third annual event and not only brings together hundreds of brokers, but also experts and leaders representing all aspects of the ticket community, offering them a chance to establish and foster relationships valuable to their business.
The conference has grown in stature each year, and this year will boast 14 industry specific discussion panels, up from 13 last year, and four training workshops on how to use one of the ticket marketplace’s most comprehensive software products, TicketNetwork’s Point-of-Sale.
The 14 panel discussion are:
• Hard Tickets Vs. Paperless Tickets
• The Blurring Line: State of the Primary & Secondary Markets
• Media Relations
• Event Ticketing Finance Protection
• Sports & Entertainment in the Ticketing Industry
• Search-Engine Marketing
• Forums, Blogs & Online Network
• Building Your Base: The Lost Art of Customer Service
• Getting Legal: Tickets, Taxes, and Litigation
• Build a Bundle: Tour & Travel Package Providers
• Premium Seating Market
• Emerging Markets: Europe
• PCI Compliance: Certifications for Success
• The Futures Market
In addition to the discussion panels and training workshops, the conference will also feature a keynote address on Thursday from Avery W. Gardiner, who serves as Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General in the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. Also, on Wednesday evening comedian George Wallace will also perform.