Last Updated – February 2011
• Membership, Eligiblity and Termination
• Access and Use
• Content Posted on the Site
• Proprietary Rights in Content Posted on the Site
• Prohibited Content and/or Activity
• Unsolicited Submissions
• Linked Sites
• User Disputes
• Copyright Infringement
• Copyrights / Trademarks
Welcome to the Web site at TicketNews.com (the “Site”). This Site is operated by TicketNews® and materials on the Site are primarily owned or licensed by TicketNews. The Site may also include materials owned by third parties and posted on the Site by virtue of a license, grant or some other legal right. The services offered by TicketNews.com include the Site any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by TicketNews.com in connection with the Site (collectively, the “Services”).
TicketNews.com may modify or amend this Agreement without notice at any time, and such modification will be effective upon posting by TicketNews.com on the Site. Your continued use of the Services after TicketNews.com posts a revised Agreement signifies your acceptance of the revised Agreement. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
TicketNews.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability. Without limiting the foregoing, TicketNews.com expressly reserves the right to remove your profile and/or restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of the Services if TicketNews.com determines, in its sole discretion, that you have violated this Agreement or pose a threat to TicketNews.com and/or the users of the Services.
If you become aware of misuse of this Site by any person or have any questions or comments regarding, or problems with, this Site, please contact the Site Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org with your concerns.
By using the Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
When you sign up to become a User, you will be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another User at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify TicketNews.com immediately at email@example.com if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
This Agreement, and any posted revision to this Agreement, shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. You may terminate your Account at any time, for any reason, by contacting the Site Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. TicketNews.com may terminate your Account at any time, without warning for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability. Even after your Account is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect in its entirety.
This Site is a general audience Web site. Children under 13 are welcome to be visitors to the Site, but cannot register to use blogs, or to provide user videos and other content.
Materials contained in this Site (“Site Content”) are protected by trademark and copyright laws and must only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. TicketNews.com grants you a limited, re>
The Services are for your personal use only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically approved by TicketNews.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Services, including collecting usernames and/or e-mail addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited e-mail, any unauthorized framing of the Site or any unauthorized use of music and video embedded players is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice or explanation and may result in termination of Membership privileges. TicketNews.com reserves the right to take appropriate legal action for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
Except for content posted by you, the reproduction, duplication, distribution (including by way of e-mail, facsimile or other electronic means), publication, modification, copying, translation, publication, display, sale, or transmission of material from this Site is STRICTLY PROHIBITED unless you have obtained the prior written consent of TicketNews.com or unless it is expressly permitted by this Site. The material covered by this prohibition includes, without limitation, any text, graphics, logos, photographs, audio or video material or stills from audiovisual material available on this Site. The use of materials from this Site on any other web site or networked computer environment is similarly prohibited.
Also, except for content you post, you are strictly prohibited from creating works or materials that derive from or are based on the materials contained in this Site including, without limitation, fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper, desktop themes, on-line postcards and greeting cards and unlicensed merchandise. This prohibition applies regardless of whether the derivative materials are sold, bartered or given away.
With respect to TicketNews.com’s video player, you must not modify, enhance, or otherwise alter in any way any portion of the video player or its underlying technology. This restriction includes disabling or otherwise modifying the video player in a manner that enables users to view the Site Content without using the TicketNews.com’s video player. Also, you may not embed TicketNews.com’s video player on any website or other location that contains content that is unlawful, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, vulgar, indecent, profane, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages criminal conduct, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, rule or regulation, infringes any right of any third party including intellectual >
You are welcome to post, transmit or submit messages and other materials (which include uploading videos and other files, inputting data or any other materials, “blogging,” or engaging in any form of communication in connection with this Site) (collectively “User Content”) to media libraries, bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other public areas within, or in connection with, this Site (collectively “Forums”). You are solely responsible for such User Content. TicketNews.com accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from such User Content.
TicketNews.com does not endorse and has no control over Comments submitted by others to news stories posted on TicketNews.com. Posted Comments are not necessarily reviewed by TicketNews.com prior to posting and such Comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of TicketNews.com. TicketNews.com makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content of such Comments or that content’s accuracy and reliability. Nonetheless, TicketNews.com reserves the right to prevent you from submitting Comments and to edit, restrict, delete or remove such Comments for any reason at any time.
TicketNews.com assumes no responsibility for actively monitoring posted Comments for inappropriate User Content. If, at any time TicketNews.com chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor Comments, TicketNews.com nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the User Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate User Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any User Content. You agree that TicketNews.com accepts no liability whatsoever if it decides to prevent your content from being submitted or if it edits, restricts or removes your content.
You are solely responsible for the content that you post on or through any of the Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other users and for your interactions with other users. You agree to permit any other user of this Site to access, view, store, or reproduce the material for that other user’s personal use and not to restrict or inhibit the use of the Site by any other person.
You agree to release TicketNews.com, its parents and affiliates together with their respective employees, agents, officers, directors and shareholders, from any and all liability and obligations whatsoever in connection with or arising from your use of the Site. If at any time you are not happy with the posted Comments or object to any material within such Comments, your sole remedy is to cease reading them.
TicketNews.com does not claim any ownership rights in the User Content that you post to the Services. By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any content on or through the Services, you hereby grant to TicketNews.com a non-exclusive, perpetual, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute modify, and translate such content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats and through any media channels.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the content posted by you on the Site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) your content does not defame any person or entity or violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright, contract, intellectual >
You must use the Services in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. The following are examples of the kind of content that is illegal or prohibited on the Services. TicketNews.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in against anyone who, in TicketNews.com’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending content from the Site and terminating the account of such violators. Prohibited content includes, but is not limited to, content that, in the sole discretion of TicketNews.com:
1. is patently offensive, or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
2. harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
3. exploits people in sexual or violent manner;
4. contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult web site;
5. solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
6. publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
7. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
8. involves the transmission of “junk mail” or “chain letters” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
9. contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
10. furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities, including, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
11. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
12. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent from TicketNews.com such as contests, sweepstakes, solicitation of donations, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; or
13. defames the rights of any person or entity or violates the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights or any other rights of any person.
The following are examples of the kind of activity and communication that are illegal or prohibited on the Site and through the use of the Services. TicketNews.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in its sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
1. criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
2.. advertising to, or solicitation of, any user to buy or sell any products or services through the Services;
3. circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Services;
4. activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
5. covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on any TicketNews.com page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
6. any automated use of the system, such as, but not limited to, using scripts to send comments or messages;
7. interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Services or the networks or services connected to the Services;
8. impersonating or attempting to impersonate another user, person, or entity;
9. using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
10. using any information obtained from the Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity, or attempting to do the same; or
11. using the Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
TicketNews.com does not knowingly accept unsolicited submissions including, without limitation, submissions of scripts, story lines, articles, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, ideas or concepts. TicketNews.com’s policy is to simply delete any such submission without reading it or forwarding it to other TicketNews.com staff. Therefore, any similarity between an unsolicited submission and any elements in any TicketNews.com creative work including, without limitation, a video, story, title or concept would be purely coincidental.
Notwithstanding the forgoing, if unsolicited submissions are sent to TicketNews.com via this Site or through the Services, these submissions become the >
In establishing hypertext links, you must not represent in any way, expressly or by implication, that you have received the endorsement, sponsorship or support of this Site or TicketNews.com, including its respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. TicketNews.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to resolve or arbitrate disputes between you and other Users.
TicketNews.com is not responsible for and makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the User Content or the accuracy and reliability of the User Content posted on or through the Services, whether caused by users of the Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Services and such User Content does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of TicketNews.com. User Content on the Site may contain links to other web sites. TicketNews.com is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such web sites, and such web sites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by TicketNews.com. Inclusion of any linked web site on the Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked web site by TicketNews.com. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. TicketNews.com takes no responsibility for third-party advertisements which are posted on this Site or through the Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. TicketNews.com is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Services. TicketNews.com assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any user communication. TicketNews.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Services. Under no circumstances shall TicketNews.com be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Services, from any content posted on or through the Services, or from the conduct of any users of the Services, whether online or offline. The Services are provided “AS-IS” and as available and TicketNews.com expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. TicketNews.com cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Services.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL TICKETNEWS.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF TICKETNEWS.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, TICKETNEWS.COM’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO TICKETNEWS.COM FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
The Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and TicketNews.com agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Tolland County, Connecticut to resolve any dispute arising out of the Agreement or the Services.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold TicketNews.com, its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates and their respective employees, agents, partners, directors, officers and shareholders, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any content that you post on the Site or through the Services causes TicketNews.com to be liable to another.
TicketNews.com reserves the right to immediately terminate your use of, or access to, this Site or the Services at any time if TicketNews.com decides at its sole discretion that you have breached this Agreement or any relevant law, rule or regulation or you have engaged in conduct that TicketNews.com considers to be inappropriate or unacceptable.
If you believe that any material contained in this Site or the Services infringes your copyright, you should notify TicketNews.com of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedure.
TicketNews.com will process notices of alleged infringement which it receives and will take appropriate action as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable intellectual >
137 Bolton Road
Vernon, CT 06066
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (DMCA, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)):
• Physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
• A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
• A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Site or any of the Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a User. This Agreement may be modified from time to time and any addendum to this Agreement constitute the entire agreement between you and TicketNews.com regarding the use of the Services. The failure of TicketNews.com to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
© 2011 Trademark and Copyright Notice: TicketNews® is a registered trademark of Ticket Software, LLC. TicketNews, TicketNews.com, and their related entities are used under license. All rights reserved. All materials contained in TicketNews.com are protected by copyright and trademark and shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than private, non-commercial viewing purposes. Reproduction, duplication, distribution, derivative works, and other unauthorized copying or use of stills, audio, video footage, or any other materials contained in TicketNews.com are expressly prohibited. If you have any questions please send an e-mail to email@example.com.