- Billy Joel to Receive Gershwin Prize Amidst New York City Concert Series
- Garth Brooks Announces World Tour and New Album
- Shark Tank’s Daymond John Highlights Final Day of Ticket Summit®
- Successful Day Two at Ticket Summit® in Las Vegas
- Ticket Summit® Kicks Off First Day of Conference in Las Vegas with a Welcome from Former Mayor Oscar B. Goodman
- Ticket Summit: Record Attendance Expected!
- Ticket Summit® to Hold a Trade Show at this Year’s Conference
- StubHub Announces Lower Rates for Ticket Sellers and Higher Prices for Fans
- Ticket Summit® to Premiere Exciting Panels on Ins and Outs of the Entertainment Industry
- Former Mayor of Las Vegas, Oscar B. Goodman, to kick off Ticket Summit® 2014
DOJ antitrust head Christine Varney steps down
Christine Varney, the assistant attorney general who ran the U.S. Justice Department's antitrust division, is stepping down from her post. Varney ran the division during the federal review of the Ticketmaster/Live Nation merger, and according to the Wall Street Journal, she is resigning in August to join the prestigious New York law firm Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP. During Varney's tenure at the top of the antitrust division, the DOJ took an aggressive approach to investigating mergers, and in the case of the Ticketmaster/Live Nation deal, the DOJ required several concessions from the two before the department would approve the agreement.