July 31, 2018 TicketNews Staff
TicketCity, the largest privately held ticketing company in the world, today announced major advancements to its event page website and mobile app. The new features offer fans a faster way to easily discover, review and purchase tickets to live events around the globe providing today’s data-loving consumers increased confidence with a range of helpful ticketing and seating insights such as seat views, price comparison and best value data. To celebrate the refreshed look and feel, TicketCity invites music, sports and theatre enthusiasts alike to explore the new features with a five percent, sitewide, one-day sale.
“TicketCity was the first online ticket marketplace forever changing how fans buy tickets. Since then, we’ve maintained a spirit of innovation to support our customers’ evolving buying behaviors and preferences,” said Jim Howard, Vice President of Operations at TicketCity. “It’s safe to say in nearly 30 years, we’ve learned a lot about different events, venue details and ticketing trends. That expertise is the foundation of the new event page to make sure customers are getting the right ticket.”
New features and capabilities include
- Recommended seats labeling highly rated and well-priced options as “Best Value” to make shopping for tickets quicker and satisfying. By noting if desired seat is typically priced higher, lower, or on par customers can determine the value of the tickets and purchase with increased confidence.
- Integrated visuals of seat view using TicketCity’s proprietary data to jump from section to section to see available areas on the maps to aid event-goers with planning their trip. This seat-view will help you know just what you’ll see from each section. This will ensure customers get the experience they expected at purchase.
- Optimized user experience across all devices with fewer network requests making the web page 40 percent faster to easily view, purchase and reserve multiple arrangements all in one place.
“TicketCity is not in the business of just selling tickets, our mission is selling experiences that our customers can take with them for a lifetime,” said Andy Gaken, Development Manager who spearheaded the new event page design. “The new event page is an exciting reflection of feedback shared by our most dedicated customers and more than 2,500 inventory partners. Together, these updates aim to help our customers quickly find the best value tickets, while ultimately shaping their overall event-going experience.”
In the coming weeks, TicketCity plans to roll out additional new features and capabilities to offer the best customer experience for today’s event-goers to date. Near-term future plans include:
- Section price comparison tools allowing users to group tickets together by “zone” to easily view similar options and find seats for the best price in the desired section(s) of interest within a venue, arena or stadium.
- Advanced experiential mapping based on fan experience to enhance fan experience. TicketCity will comb through decades worth of information with the goal to provide transparency to customers – beyond cost – to provide important tidbits such as the side of the stadium the sun sets, venues with mobile entry only since each architect design is different and access to bathrooms among other details.
- Customer communication center to allow customers to leave reviews and interact with TicketCity directly. Customers can ask questions they have about the changes or provide feedback and suggestions on ways to improve the user-experience moving forward.
The new event page comes on the heels of the added hotel reservation option with Booking.com during checkout, making TicketCity the most convenient place for fans to purchase tickets and accomodations to their favorite events. The new capabilities are in full effect and available for all events including concerts, sports and theater starting today.