Travis Scott Asks Judge To Dismiss Previous Concert Cancellations From Trial Travis Scott Asks Judge To Dismiss Previous Concert Cancellations From Trial
Rapper Travis Scott is currently in the middle of a $150,000 legal battle with a concert promoter, but he is asking the judge to... Travis Scott Asks Judge To Dismiss Previous Concert Cancellations From Trial

Rapper Travis Scott is currently in the middle of a $150,000 legal battle with a concert promoter, but he is asking the judge to not allow certain evidence pertaining to previous concerts he cancelled during his career.

According to The Blast, court documents show that Scott does not want promoter PJAM to mention his previously cancelled shows during their lawsuit, which is over a cancelled show during Super Bowl weekend. While the promoter wants to show evidence of every show Scott did not show up for or postponed, the rapper says this would be “unfairly prejudicial” and “mislead the jury.” His lawyers believe that concerts unrelated to the case should be prohibited, as they show “no relevance” to the case.

On the other hand, PJAM believes the evidence should be shown because he has a “habit of canceling performances at the last minute.”

“Mr. Webster is famous for, among other things, fathering a Kardashian child,” the promoter said. “It is no coincidence that he canceled the performance at issue in this lawsuit just two days after the much-anticipated birth.”

Their evidence includes seven other shows that Scott cancelled from 2016 to 2019 for various different reasons. The promoter wants to show that Scott’s cancellation wasn’t unusual, and are hoping his plea is denied. As of Thursday, a judge has yet to rule on the matter.

PJAM sued the rapper after he allegedly bailed on a performance during Super bowl weekend, although they paid him $150,000 in advance. According to the promoters, they paid him to perform at a Minneapolis nightclub, hired a private jet, and spent thousands of dollars to promote the show. However, Kylie Kardashian gave birth to his child prior to the show, and Scott cancelled last minute. The promoter is suing for $150,000, as well as damages, while Scott is counter-suing, accusing the promoters of not confirming his travel plans and not having enough money to cover their deal.

This isn’t the first time Scott has made headlines for his tardiness or cancellations. Last November, Scott showed up four and a half hours late to his show in North Carolina due to “production issues,” which led to fights breaking out inside the theatre and concertgoers being left out in the cold. Then, in February, Scott postponed a show in Tulsa last-minute due to “technical issues,” and fans who were already lined-up outside began to break the glass doors of the venue.