The Confederation of North, Central America, and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) started the week at the top of yesterday’s best sellers list, according to Ticket Club sales data.
This is consistent with the very high sales experienced by CONCACAF over the past few weeks. Another top ranking event, The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering, sold well; the annual gathering has provided a unique experience for an international group of motorsports enthusiasts and collectors to enjoy rare collections of fine automobiles and motorcycles in a garden-party setting. Additionally, the Red Sox/ Yankees rivalry continues to burn bright, still drawing enough sales for their match in July to reach the number five spot.
Performance arts were well represented in yesterday’s top twenty, as two long-running shows ranked; The Lion King and an off-Broadway production of Wicked. In September 2014, The Lion King became the top-earning title in box-office history for both stage productions and films, surpassing the record previously held by The Phantom of the Opera. The Lion King musical has grossed nearly $8.1 billion as of 2017. In March 2016, Wicked surpassed $1 billion in total Broadway revenue, joining both Phantom and The Lion King as the only Broadway shows to do so. In July 2017, Wicked surpassed The Phantom of the Opera as Broadway’s second-highest grossing musical, trailing only The Lion King.
Yesterday’s top selling musical act was once again the Rolling Stones. Frontman Mick Jagger recently had a bout with health problems, but this did nothing to slow down the band’s performance. It was the Stones’ first show since Jagger endured heart valve replacement surgery in April, which Rolling Stone described as a triumph for the World’s Greatest Rock & Roll Band, with Mick prancing all over the stadium in prime hip-shaking, troubadour-trapping fight mode.
Click on any of the links below to find tickets to the best-selling events or visit ticketclub.com to search for any upcoming events and find tickets with no service fees for members.
Ticket Club Best-Selling Events – June 23, 2019
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group A: Canada vs. Cuba & Martinique vs. Mexico (June 23, Bank Of American Stadium, Charlotte, NC)
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Quarterfinals (June 29, NRG Stadium, Houston, TX)
- The Rolling Stones (June 25, Soldier Field Stadium, Chicago, IL)
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Final (July 7, Soldier Field Stadium, Chicago IL)
- Boston Red Rox vs. New York Yankees (July 25, Fenway Park, Boston, MA)
- The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering (August 16, Quail Lodge, Carmel, CA)
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: Group B: Bermuda vs. Nicaragua & Haiti vs. Costa Rica (June 24, Red Bull Arena, Harrison, NJ)
- The Rolling Stones (July 7, Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA)
- Paul McCartney (June 28, T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV)
- Outlaw Music Festival: Willie Nelson, Luke Combs, Bonnie Raitt & Brothers Osborne (September 22, Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH)
- Dave Chappelle & Joe Rogan (August 2, Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA)
- Jennifer Lopez (June 25, Toyota Center – TX, Houston, TX)
- Celine Dion (January 11, State Farm Arena, Atlanta, GA)
- The Lion King (June 25, Minskoff Theatre, New York, NY)
- Maroon 5 (October 25, Hard Rock Live at Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic II (August 17, Honda Center, Anaheim, CA)
- Crossroads Guitar Festival: Eric Clapton (September 20, American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX)
- Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band (October 19, United Center, Chicago, IL)
- Chicago White Sox vs. Chicago Cubs (July 6, Guaranteed Rate Field, Chicago, IL)
- Wicked (June 23, Paramount Theatre, Seattle, WA)