- New College Athletic Ticket Sales Group Completes First Annual Conference in Orlando
- Another NFL Team Cedes to Ticket Broker Lawsuit Pressure
- Warriors Score Big on Playoff Ticket Prices
- Lightning to Tampa Army captain – “You can sell your Stanley Cup tickets, but only to whom we approve”
- It's open season on the Secondary Ticket Market!
- There is one big play left in overtime when it comes to a Super Bowl ticket snafu
- Fan Freedom Affiliate Alludes to Massive Price Fixing in the Secondary Ticket Market: Titans Caught Manipulating Ticket Sales
- K-Pop: Fad or Forever?
- Restrictive Ticket Resale Legislation Deferred to Next Session in Florida State Legislature
- No complaints from "Fight of the Century" ticket buyers
Avril Lavigne tour adds six dates in China
Avril Lavigne is taking her Best Damn Tour 2008 to China this fall. The Canadian rocker has confirmed a string of six Chinese concerts beginning on September 26 in Macao at the Venetian Arena and ending October 6 in Beijing at Wukesong Arena.
Lavigne has toured to China before, but only briefly. In 2007, she performed in Shanghai at the Qizhong Tennis Center, followed by another show in Hong Kong. This tour will be her first full-production in China, featuring sophisticated stage settings and an upgraded collection of songs from her three previous albums, including "Innocence," "Keep Holding On" and "Forgotten."
The additional shows overseas are positive news for the Best Damn Tour, which got off to a rough start. Initial ticket sales for the tour were slow, which may have prompted the late addition of the Jonas Brothers to the lineup. Then in May, the punk-pop rocker was forced to cancel two shows and postpone six more due to acute laryngitis.
Despite the focus on her voice, Lavigne doesn't limit her performances to vocal work. She also performs live on guitar, drums and a pink piano.
Currently on tour in her native Canada, Lavigne will make stops in Malaysia, South Korea, the Philippines and Japan prior to her China shows. The Best Damn Tour 2008 kicked off on March 5 in Victoria, BC.
Avril Lavigne itinerary:
(Dates subject to change.)
|August 5||Sudbury||ONT Sudbury Arena SO|
|August 6||Toronto||ONT Molson Amphitheatre|
|August 8||St. John, NB||Harbour Station|
|August 9||Moncton, NB||Moncton Coliseum|
|August 10||Halifax, NS||Metro Centre|
|August 12-13||St. John's, NF||Mile One Centre|
|August 29||Kuala Lumpur, MAL||Stadium Merdeka|
|September 1||Seoul, SK||Melox Ax|
|September 3||Manila, PHI||Araneta Coliseum|
|September 5||Taipei, TAI||TWTC Nangang Exhibit Halls|
|September 10||Hamamatsu, JAP||Hamamatsu Arena|
|September 11||Niigata, JAP||Niigata Meese|
|September 13-14||Tokyo, JAP||Yoyogi Gymnasium|
|September 16||Tokyo, JAP||Tokyo Dome|
|September 17-18||Nagoya, JAP||Gaishi Hall|
|September 20-21||Osaka, JAP||Intex|
|September 23||Fukuoka, JAP||Marine Messe|
|September 24||Hiroshima, JAP||Sunplaza Hall|
|September 26||Macau, CHI||Venetian Arena|
|September 28||Shezhen, CHI||Shezhen Festival|
|September 30||Chengdu, CHI||Chengdu Stadium|
|October 2||Lijang, CHI||Lijang Snow Mountain Festival|
|October 4||Shanghai, CHI||Shanghai Stadium|
|October 6||Beijing, CHI||Wukesong Arena|