- Fan Freedom Affiliate Alludes to Massive Price Fixing in the Secondary Ticket Market: Titans Caught Manipulating Ticket Sales
- K-Pop: Fad or Forever?
- Restrictive Ticket Resale Legislation Deferred to Next Session in Florida State Legislature
- No complaints from "Fight of the Century" ticket buyers
- Something Rotten! has hit Broadway
- Sam Smith Cancels Japan and Manila Shows
- Schedule Announced for 2016 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, Tickets On Sale this Week
- Anne Hathaway to Perform in Grounded at the Public Theater
- Sam Smith Cancels Tour Dates
- Mayweather and Pacquiao Megafight
Jonas Brothers joining Avril Lavigne's upcoming tour
Live Nation has confirmed that the Jonas Brothers will be joining Avril Lavigne's Best Damn Tour 2008. Lavigne’s tour already has Boston-based group Boys Like Girls in the special guest slot, but Live Nation did not say what the Jonas Brothers' billing will be.
What makes this yet-to-be announced late addition to the Lavigne package so unusual is that the tour was announced on Nov. 6 and starts March 5. The Jonas Brothers, recently signed to Live Nation for two years of touring, have been out on their own headlining tour, which has been a hot ticket and selling out everywhere. The three brothers started their tour Jan. 31, with dates through March. 22. It is unknown when the trio will join Lavigne's tour.
Slow ticket sales on Lavigne’s tour might be the reason. It appears that the Live Nation-promoted Lavigne tour has been doing under-whelming business at the box office, otherwise a hot touring attraction would not need to be added to another tour at such late date.
Jonas Brothers have consistently been one of top concert draws in the U.S. for the past several weeks, according to TicketNews' exclusive event rankings. Before their own headlining tour, the trio played dates on the wildly successful Hannah Montana tour, and have been gracing teen magazine covers ever since.