- TicketCrusader.com: New Website Dedicated to All Ticket Related Information
- Fall Out Boy and Wiz Khalifa to Co-Headline Summer Tour
- Baseball Legend Joe Torre to Give Keynote at TicketNetwork's Annual Conference
- RCN Capital: Brokers Now Have Five Financing Options
- TicketNetwork to Support Make-A-Wish Connecticut and Macy’s National Believe Day with First “Believe Eve”
- David Tyree wins the "Best Catch" Title
- Which Catch Was the Greatest?
- Cleveland Cavaliers Announce New Ticket Sales Policy
- Beckham vs. Tyree: Who Had the Better Catch?
- Sting Announces He'll Star on Broadway's 'The Last Ship'
Duke University switches ticketing from Paciolan to NeuLion
NeuLion, a New York-based end-to-end technology services provider, this week announced a partnership with Duke University Athletics that will make NeuLion the new ticketing provider for all of the institution's sports events.
Previously, Paciolan ticketed Duke's athletic events; Paciolan, which was owned by Ticketmaster and its parent company Live Nation Entertainment, was recently sold to Comcast-Spectacor. That sale was designed to satisfy a requirement laid out by the U.S. Department of Justice for the LiveNation/Ticketmaster merger to proceed.
Currently, 65 colleges use NeuLion's ticketing and donor management system platform. NeuLion has a test underway with the New York Islanders to refine their platform for pro sports teams.
NeuLion's sports media platform integrates digital ticketing, a donor database, and a "priority points calculator" that allows fans and donors to track their purchases and donations with a points system that can be used to earn tickets, venue access, and other items. NeuLion integrates this information in a single database they refer to as a "One Fan Profile."
"The system has been designed by people who have worked in college athletics and come out of the business development and ticketing field," Chris Wagner, Executive Vice President of NeuLion, told TicketNews.
"They understand the traditional system headaches and have a developed a system that eliminated those pressure points making life easier for the fans and the staff."
NeuLion says their platform is unique in that it ties donor management with ticketing. They hope to build on this idea and grow their business beyond colleges and universities by tying sponsor management and ticketing for pro sports teams, which is where the experiment with the Islanders comes in.