- Dolly Parton Announces 2014 U.S. Tour Dates
- Journey, Steve Miller Band map out North American summer run together
- George Strait to wrap up final tour with star-studded list of special guests
- Brad Paisley Announces 'Beat This Winter' Tour for 2014
- Lady Gaga Unveils ARTPOP Ball North American Tour
- Skrillex Announces 2014 String of 'Takeovers' in Brooklyn, San Francisco
- Trace Adkins' 'Christmas Show' Tour Blends Music With Theatrical Elements
- Ravens Keep Playoff Hopes Alive, But How Far Can They Really Go?
- ALL THE WAY, Starring BREAKING BAD's Bryan Cranston, to Open at Neil Simon Theatre on 3/6; Previews Begin 2/10
- One Direction Where We Are 2014 North American Tour Dates—See Where They'll Perform in Concert!
Korn tour hits the road ahead of new album
With work beginning on a new studio album, American nu metal crew Korn has outlined plans for a spring tour of the U.S. before hitting the European circuit this summer. The national trek kicks off April 25 at Tucson Electric Park in Tucson, AZ, and wraps May 31 at Balloon Classic Field in Des Moines, IA.
The five-week tour will travel from coast to coast and hit more than 20 cities along the way. Stops include an April 29 concert at Fillmore Auditorium in Denver, CO, a May 9 performance at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, TX, and a May 21 show at the House of Blues in Atlantic City, NJ.
According to published reports, Korn has been working on their first studio album in nearly two years, though a title and expected release date have not been announced for the project. The group's last studio effort an untitled July 2007 release that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200.
"This album felt like it didn't need to have a title or boundaries," frontman Jonathan Davis said in a statement about the record. "We thought it would be cooler for fans. Metallica had a Black album, the Beatles had a White album, and Peter Gabriel put out a bunch of albums he didn't title. We're throwing it out there and letting people use their minds and imaginations."
Since the band wrapped its summer 2007 tour supporting the untitled effort, Davis has completed two solo runs across the U.S. His most recent solo tour launched in late 2008 and featured songs from his first solo record, set for release in 2009.
The California-based band debuted in 1994 with an eponymous release that hit No. 72 on the Billboard 200, but Korn didn't hit its stride as a band until its back-to-back albums "Follow the Leader" (1998) and "Issues" (1999) topped the charts.
(Dates are subject to change.)
|April 25||Tucson, AZ||Tucson Electric Park|
|April 26||Albuquerque, NM||Albuquerque Convention Center|
|April 27||El Paso, TX||El Paso County Coliseum|
|April 29||Denver, CO||Fillmore Auditorium|
|April 30||Grand Island, NE||Heartland Events Center|
|May 2||Memphis, TN||Tom Lee Park|
|May 4||Belton, TX||Bell County Expo|
|May 5||Midland, TX||Midland Horseshoe Arena|
|May 6||Corpus Christi, TX||Concrete Street Amphitheater|
|May 8||Oklahoma City, OK||Zoo Amphitheater|
|May 9||Frisco, TX||Pizza Hut Park|
|May 10||The Woodlands, TX||Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion|
|May 12||Sioux Falls, SD||Canaries Stadium|
|May 13||Duluth, MN||DECC Arena|
|May 15||Clarkston, MI||DTE Energy Music Theatre|
|May 16||Columbus, OH||Columbus Crew Stadium|
|May 18||Rochester, NY||Armory|
|May 19||Sayreville, NJ||Starland Ballroom|
|May 21||Atlantic City, NJ||House of Blues|
|May 22||Wallingford, CT||Chevrolet Theatre|
|May 23||Gilford, NH||Meadowbrook|
|May 30||Kansas City, MO||Rockfest|
|May 31||Des Moines, IA||Balloon Classic Field|