- New College Athletic Ticket Sales Group Completes First Annual Conference in Orlando
- Another NFL Team Cedes to Ticket Broker Lawsuit Pressure
- Warriors Score Big on Playoff Ticket Prices
- Lightning to Tampa Army captain – “You can sell your Stanley Cup tickets, but only to whom we approve”
- It's open season on the Secondary Ticket Market!
- There is one big play left in overtime when it comes to a Super Bowl ticket snafu
- Fan Freedom Affiliate Alludes to Massive Price Fixing in the Secondary Ticket Market: Titans Caught Manipulating Ticket Sales
- K-Pop: Fad or Forever?
- Restrictive Ticket Resale Legislation Deferred to Next Session in Florida State Legislature
- No complaints from "Fight of the Century" ticket buyers
OZZfest returns as one-day stadium event
OZZfest, the original and iconic hard rock festival, returns in 2008 as a one-day stadium spectacular. The event will team OZZfest founder and namesake Ozzy Osbourne (in his only U.S. concert appearance this summer) with Metallica, who are marking their OZZfest debut. Produced by Sharon Osbourne (Ozzy's wife and manager) and AEG Live, the all-day festival at Pizza Hut Park in Dallas, TX on Aug. 9 will feature three stages of non-stop talent with many OZZfest alumni and reliably twisted OZZfest side attractions.
Formed in 1996, OZZfest 2007, promoted by Live Nation, made news last year when it toured as a free event across the country. This is the first time OZZfest is playing a stadium rather than sheds, and the first time it will be a stand-alone event, somewhat akin to Lollapalooza, which will be a stationary outing in Chicago for the third straight year.
The main stage lineup will also spotlight performances by Serj Tankian (System of a Down), Hellyeah, Jonathan Davis (KoRn), Cavalera Conspiracy, Shadows Fall, Apocalyptica, and In This Moment. Also scheduled on the main stage is a special all-star tribute to slain Pantera guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott.
Second stage acts include Sevendust, Devildriver, Kingdom of Sorrow, Soilent Green, Witchcraft, and Goatwhore. The third stage, dubbed the "Texas stage," pays homage to the "many great metal bands that come from Texas," said Sharon Osbourne in a statement, and features The Sword, Drowning Pool, and Rigor Mortis.
"We're the only real festival for harder edge bands, and these artists have been very loyal to us. There is lots of love on this line-up," she said. "Ozzy just finished an 11-month world tour so I think he deserves a summer off," continued Sharon about this year's one-day extravaganza. "We're going to be a stadium destination festival for now. We have gone past doing the sheds every summer. We've given everyone else the blueprint, and we have to keep evolving OZZfest. This is just the beginning; AEG Live and I have a lot of new ideas for OZZfest."