- Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Starring Neil Patrick Harris, Opens on Broadway April 22
- You'll Have the Time of Your Life! Dirty Dancing National Tour Will Launch in Washington, D.C.
- Kings of Leon Announce U.S. Summer/Fall Tour
- Paul McCartney announces six new shows on U.S. leg of 'Out There!' Tour
- Coldplay Announce Tour
- Zac Brown Shuffles Band Lineup, Announces Summer Tour
- Ed Sheeran Announces Solo Arena Tour
- STEELY DAN ANNOUNCES 47 CITY ‘JAMALOT EVER AFTER’ TOUR
- 'Secret' is out: Austin Mahone Announces Album, Tour
- Aerosmith Returns to Whiskey a Go Go, Announces Summer Tour With Slash
Prince takes brief break from Forum to tour California
Even though dates remain for his 21-night residency in the greater Los Angeles area, this week Prince takes a break from his chosen city for more Welcome 2 America concerts elsewhere in California.
The artist has events set up for May 18 at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, and May 19 and 21 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose. The Los Angeles stand won't be put on hold for long, though. Prince also returns to The Forum for three more performances over the course of May 27-29.
Tickets to all six upcoming concerts are already on sale to the public. Admission to the Fresno show runs $26.50 to $122, not including fees, while San Jose's pre-fee prices are similarly set from $28 to $146.50. Both cities offer VIP ticket options for $297 and $547, as well.
Ticket face values at The Forum also remain consistent with Prince's earlier shows there. Tickets start at the no-fee $25 level and reach up to $149.50 (plus fees). VIP passes for the May 27-29 events are $225 and $425.
Industry publication PollstarPro initially confirmed Prince for a May 22 event at the Power Balance Pavilion in Sacramento, as well. However, no tickets are available for that date, and the venue's calendar only lists Sacramento State's May 20-21 commencement ceremonies, and a May 23 performance of Glee Live!
Calls to Power Balance Pavilion were not answered on the morning of May 17. It is possible a May 22 date was planned and then dropped right before onsales, much like an axed May 15 performance at The Forum.
The Forum has served as the Purple One's go-to venue for his so-called "21 nite stand" concert series, which began in mid-April as an off-shoot of the larger Welcome 2 America Tour. He has already completed 12 nights of the Los Angeles residency — April 14, 21-23, 28-30; and May 5-7, 13-14 — and will have just six nights remaining after May 27-29.