- Growing Number of Fans Buying Tickets to Overseas Events
- TicketCrusader.com: New Website Dedicated to All Ticket Related Information
- Fall Out Boy and Wiz Khalifa to Co-Headline Summer Tour
- Baseball Legend Joe Torre to Give Keynote at TicketNetwork's Annual Conference
- RCN Capital: Brokers Now Have Five Financing Options
- TicketNetwork to Support Make-A-Wish Connecticut and Macy’s National Believe Day with First “Believe Eve”
- David Tyree wins the "Best Catch" Title
- Which Catch Was the Greatest?
- Cleveland Cavaliers Announce New Ticket Sales Policy
- Beckham vs. Tyree: Who Had the Better Catch?
Prince takes brief break from Forum to tour California
Even though dates remain for his 21-night residency in the greater Los Angeles area, this week Prince takes a break from his chosen city for more Welcome 2 America concerts elsewhere in California.
The artist has events set up for May 18 at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, and May 19 and 21 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose. The Los Angeles stand won't be put on hold for long, though. Prince also returns to The Forum for three more performances over the course of May 27-29.
Tickets to all six upcoming concerts are already on sale to the public. Admission to the Fresno show runs $26.50 to $122, not including fees, while San Jose's pre-fee prices are similarly set from $28 to $146.50. Both cities offer VIP ticket options for $297 and $547, as well.
Ticket face values at The Forum also remain consistent with Prince's earlier shows there. Tickets start at the no-fee $25 level and reach up to $149.50 (plus fees). VIP passes for the May 27-29 events are $225 and $425.
Industry publication PollstarPro initially confirmed Prince for a May 22 event at the Power Balance Pavilion in Sacramento, as well. However, no tickets are available for that date, and the venue's calendar only lists Sacramento State's May 20-21 commencement ceremonies, and a May 23 performance of Glee Live!
Calls to Power Balance Pavilion were not answered on the morning of May 17. It is possible a May 22 date was planned and then dropped right before onsales, much like an axed May 15 performance at The Forum.
The Forum has served as the Purple One's go-to venue for his so-called "21 nite stand" concert series, which began in mid-April as an off-shoot of the larger Welcome 2 America Tour. He has already completed 12 nights of the Los Angeles residency — April 14, 21-23, 28-30; and May 5-7, 13-14 — and will have just six nights remaining after May 27-29.